A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Planets and our distant sun...

Planets and our distant sun...

I want to begin on a huge project/website but I can't until I get the layout at least started. I've worked for hours and accomplished nothing. I can't draw or animate worth crap, so I've come here for help.

I want to create a star [our sun] as it would be viewed from the same distance as Pluto is. To the lower left corner would be the blue icy planet Pluto. I can't get the effect of a distant star worth crap. A vortex, worm hole, red drawf, or some super nova effect would be nice too. I've searched flashkit's database for pluto, planets, stars, etc, and its turned up nothing. Can anyone help me create or show me a tutorial to create such a thing, or some componets of it??
    tnx
    ~Joey
    Why?

Resident Shostakovich Scholar
    Well my first bit of advice is not to get so down on yourself- animating isn't easy to start out with and it doesn't sound like you've set yourself a very easy project anyway.

As for resources, I don't quite understand. I you just looking for pictures of celestial bodies? If so, do what most of us normally do, search for pictures online (such as using google's or alta vista's image search) and import them that way. Assumingly you have some sort of graphics program with which to touch them up and do whatever modificatiosn you need to to them.

o.-

Simple images are of poor quality, and hard/impossible to animate. I like vectors anyways . I want to be able to have an animated lighting effect. Like the star slowly pulsates, the vortext/nebula changes shape or what ever.

I'll try an image search on google though. Altavista usually brings up mad pr0n. >.<

~Joey
    Why?

*bump*

Still totally lost >.<

~Joey
    Why?