A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Office Depot insults my intelligence...

Office Depot insults my intelligence...

Incase you aren't familiar with Office Depot, it's basically a large store that specializes in Office equipment (desks/furniture), accessories (staplers/paper), and computer/electronical items (overheads/computers).

Well that aside, I'm checking out some chairmats when I stumble upon this ticket you are supposed to take to the cashier...

---------------------------
    (since my scanner is down, I'll copy the tag verbatim. Please take special note of bold)

Code:
    ---------------------------------------------
    |TO PURCHASE TAKE THIS TICKET TO THE CASHIER|
    |                                           |
    |RUBBERMAID ECONOMY CHAIRMAT                |
    |*Protect your carpeting                    |
    |*For Low Pile Carpet                       |
    |*Rounded, User Friendly Cleat              |
    |$16.99                                     |
    |Office Depot Everyday Low Price            |
    |*No Assembly Required                 |
    |*Dual Texture Hides Scuffs                 |
    |*Enviromental Friendly Material            |
    |-------------------------------------------|
    WELL THANK GOD SOMEONE FINALLY PRE-FABRICATED THIS!

NOTE THE PRE-ASSEMBLY -

image courtesy of

... I'm appauled

-genesis f5 (genesis mx)
    Last edited by Genesis F5; 09-08-2003 at 09:30 PM.

That's nothing! I worked at Office Max (and therefore was Office Depot's enemy for a while) in the electronic's area. One day, I was stocking shelves and got bored. As I was staring at different items I noticed some interesting features of a set of computer speakers.

- Works on both Macs and PC's
    - MP3 Compatible

There was another stupid one too, but that was the majority of the information given to the consumer of the product before purchase.

j

It may sound stupid to you,k but I have no doubt that some customer probably asked about it and that is why that is printed on the tag.

The general public can be pretty thick.

-Oh something I would pay to watch at one of the stores... Having a sales associate explain the difference in a Digtal Organizer and a PDA to some confused customer.

Originally posted by johnie
    It may sound stupid to you,k but I have no doubt that some customer probably asked about it and that is why that is printed on the tag.

The general public can be pretty thick.

-Oh something I would pay to watch at one of the stores... Having a sales associate explain the difference in a Digtal Organizer and a PDA to some confused customer.
    I agree. People in general can be pretty dumb.
    Why do you think shampoo bottles still print directions?
    You know there's some idiot out there saying "Ahhhh, so you have to WET hair, THEN lather!"

Originally posted by Visionray
    You know there's some idiot out there saying "Ahhhh, so you have to WET hair, THEN lather!"
    I got people I really need to introduce to, VR

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

banned by dp
    Originally posted by gerbick
    I got people I really need to introduce to, VR
    (like me!?)
    Any way I got a Computer desk there, and the day we picked it up it had coke can rings on it and was scraped, we took it back that night.
    I'm really getting sick of people in the country that "Lilie gag"
    At they're jobs and act like everybody owes them something, When I go to freakin' Wendy's I have never gotten an order correct, for that matter nether at BK. or MC. Donald's!
    I'm sorry if I sound like I'm whining its just that it sucks.

Originally posted by SmokeBombShoe
    (like me!?)
    Any way I got a Computer desk there, and the day we picked it up it had coke can rings on it and was scraped, we took it back that night.
    I'm really getting sick of people in the country that "Lilie gag"
    At they're jobs and act like everybody owes them something, When I go to freakin' Wendy's I have never gotten an order correct, for that matter nether at BK. or MC. Donald's!
    I'm sorry if I sound like I'm whining its just that it sucks.
    You ever think the problem maybe you? Kinda odd they can never get your order right..

It can't be only him. It happens to me too.

banned by dp
    I think its happened to everyone.And I think that Hellsbellboy works for them!
    Darn minim wage, it gives you no reason to do well at your Job.

Originally posted by Visionray
    huh? you wet your hair FIRST?

Why didn't anyone tell me...

FK Teletubbie Crew !
    yeah people need to start taken pride in there damn jobs and stop jerken off behind the cash register. That why im worken on becoming an electrician because its something i can actualy be proud of. Going into a 100 story building turn on the lights and plug in a computer and use the elevator etc.... id just think to my selve WOW i was apart of that made all of these peoples jobs easier with ELECTRICITY...

At least some pr*ck at Jack in the Crack can get my damn order straight when i ask him for 6 tacos a large onion ring a philly cheese steak and a extra large coke. (im a growen boy lol)
    (A man can have a dream but only a strong man has the will to follow that dream. )
    -Jon-

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by RebbelX
    At least some pr*ck at Jack in the Crack can get my damn order straight when i ask him for 6 tacos a large onion ring a philly cheese steak and a extra large coke. (im a growen boy lol)
    Growen? - I'd guess your grown by now, and well on the way to eclipse-creating.

Wasn't there a thread about stupid directions on packages a while back? Like the airline peanuts - 'Open bag. Eat nuts'.

Gee. Thanks.

On the same package - 'This pack contains peanuts'.

Sure, it's for people with allergies, but at some point you have to ask, allergies or no, too stupid to know that there's peanuts in a bag of peanuts?

*Darwin alert. You have been banned from sharing your genes. You may NOT reproduce.*

Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Welcome to the new commercial America.

Big, faceless corporations managing by the scientific method that time=money and employees are automatons that answer to bells and whistles, not human beings who hate having a crappy job, and get paid the same minimum wage regardless.

No more Mom & Pop shops where customer service reigns and the kids they hire work there summer after summer and actually learn something.

Target, Walmart, McDonalds, Wendy's, Office Depot, Home Depot, Olive Garden, TGI Fridays.

Why bother vacationing in a different part of the country? It's all the same crap.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar
    lather???? whats that, LMAO
    and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!

Originally posted by PAlexC
    Why bother vacationing in a different part of the country? It's all the same crap.
    It would be all the same crap, except for the funny accents.

yer dern tootin' boy.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I learned a lot at Office max. In fact, I knew nothing about computers before I worked there. I was forced to learn everything about computers/printers/scanners/... because I had to sell them with little training on how stuff actually works.

Of course, I don't see how I could have pride in my job when I have to explain what the internet is to someone who came in with a goal to buy a computer to connect to the internet. And I can't remember how many times I had to explain that the moniter is not the computer. The computer costs $900, not $100, dammit. Then I need to go clean up the puke in the bathroom, only to find a keyboard in the toilet bowl.

j

Originally posted by gerbick
    yer dern tootin' boy.
    You freakin' hillbilly.

Gimme a sip off of that whishkey jar, 'fore I set them there houndawgs on ya.

Last edited by hurricaneone; 09-09-2003 at 12:03 PM.

banned by dp
    Originally posted by yasunobu13
    Then I need to go clean up the puke in the bathroom, only to find a keyboard in the toilet bowl.

j
    What the heck! Was this guy trying to smuggle a keyboard out threw the sewer system?
    Or worst?!

Originally posted by SmokeBombShoe
    What the heck! Was this guy trying to smuggle a keyboard out threw the sewer system?
    Or worst?!
    No, people would usually go into the bathroom to take the product oout of the packaging and hide on themselves or in a bag to steal it. There would usually be a box for a mouse or something in the tank attached to the toilet in the bowl. Sometimes they give up and just throw it in the toilet and leave.