A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: what inspires you....

what inspires you....

I ask what inspires you as I sit in my new Senior Design position feeling totally inadequate. I have been here two and one half months and feel like I havent earned my keep yet... I am working for a small design group that is quickly growing as they have a ton of military clients. I am sourced out to a division of the military and sit in their offices full of engineers all by my creative lonesome while the rest of my "team" is off in pairs and small groups. I actually sit in the server room with 2 techno-server-IT-geeks who don't say a word and could care less about color pallets.
    I am finding myself living at flashkit and other creative forums, reading magazines (i.d., wired, graphic design usa, etc.) and doodling but still not feeling inspired.

So what do you during the day/night to get the juices flowing... I am feeling really down and need some feedback.

Thanks,
    Steve

designers who inspire me:
    www.chapter3.net
    www.idiocase.com
    www.renascent.nl

also just look around you. you can get inspired by anything, especially when youre working with flash. simple movement, nature...comedy central.
    Bill Erickson: resume | portfolio
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

Re: what inspires you....

Originally posted by steveguberman
    I ask what inspires you as I sit in my new Senior Design position feeling totally inadequate. I have been here two and one half months and feel like I havent earned my keep yet... I am working for a small design group that is quickly growing as they have a ton of military clients. I am sourced out to a division of the military and sit in their offices full of engineers all by my creative lonesome while the rest of my "team" is off in pairs and small groups. I actually sit in the server room with 2 techno-server-IT-geeks who don't say a word and could care less about color pallets.
    I am finding myself living at flashkit and other creative forums, reading magazines (i.d., wired, graphic design usa, etc.) and doodling but still not feeling inspired.

So what do you during the day/night to get the juices flowing... I am feeling really down and need some feedback.

Thanks,
    Steve
    LMAO ahhhh anyway, try people.

he just needs a !

I get inspiration from the outdoors. Im not there too often between school and work. The only time I have is durring cross country and its great, it frees the mind. try it out.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Id recommend a book called MTIV: Process, Inspiration and Practice for the New Media Designer by Hillman Curtis, it gave me a lot of inspiration and ideas for my designs, well worth reading.

MTIV

MTIV all the way - read it, read it again and then in a few months, read it again. HC is wise and inspiring.

thanks for the hug sk8hrog

I am going to get that book, read his flash 5 book and loved it.

people here are very un-inspiring. in fact, they are down right stiffling.

I see a ton of websites throughtout the day which helps and I often just daydream and doodle.

I run in the evenings an it is a great tool for judging my neighbors gardening skills (or lack there of) and meditation.

The Minister of No Crap

I'd have to say the thing that inspires me the most right now in my life is music. I've seen more brilliant designs than I can stomach. Music really inspires me to get to the keyboard and start working.

Scott

The Minister of No Crap

I guess money is a little inspirational as well... sometimes.

music or nature... taking a long walk usually works for me. Of course all the http://www.linkdup.com/ style websites can help too.

definitely music!! and www.styleboost.com

music, magazine layouts, and money keeps me moving in my projects!
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio