A Flash Developer Resource Site

View Poll Results: Should the admins hurry up and add the flash mx 2004 forum?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course we need it now, tomorrow is not good enough

40 83.33%
  • Whats the hurry, new flash, but same thing, and who cares (oh, and Im allso stupid)

8 16.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: forum for MX 2004

Stomme eikel

Is er een Nederlander die wel weet waar die het over heeft? (Nokia' tjes enzo)

For the other viewers: Sorry, not to be translated.

I couldn't care less.

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin
    Originally posted by Lightwave Network
    I'm not trying to be rude--I love Flashkit, and have used it for years--I also know that it's supported by many, MANY users, and it's been a valuable resource for all of us, BUT--I have also noticed that the webmaster(s) are very, very slow to respond to ANYTHING here. I would imagine they have other jobs they need to attend to, but the maintenance level of Flashkit forums has kind of sucked.

So, to sum it all up--who cares if it's another site. It's just useful for MX 2004 users (and I'll need it very soon once we upgrade.)

It's the internet--same damn place. Different .com address.
    You said it bro. Dont see any administrator post in here... and when you register at http://flashmx2004.com/forums please drop a post saying that DGomez lured you there... me and you will get an extra entry in the draw where every registered member gets to win a flashmx2004 book or something as splendid.

And as Lightwave, I allso love FlashKit, but I didnt marry the thing, and I need a place where everyone talks about flash mx 2004 only. When I need to speak about something else, I go here or to another board somewhere else.
    Last edited by cosmiceye; 09-19-2003 at 07:51 AM.
    ..:: P S Y T O P I A 2 0 0 5 :::..
    . . . view the psytopia reels _____RIVEND REEL | GOMEZ REEL_____ . . . . . . . . . . .

Civilian
    bumping this up to make sure admins see this.
    Lightwave, someone just pointed me to this thread. Something like this should really be in the feedback forum. With 50 forums and thousands of new threads per day there's no way I can keep up. Even a PM to me would have saved quite a few gripes in here from being unseen.

Civilian

Re: mobile devices

Originally posted by itanc
    If there will be a forum for 2004 than also one for mobile devices.
    We actually have had a mobile/remoting/equiv forum invisible for over a year. Phil Torrone and Bill Perry agreed to mod it back then but it fell through, so I wasn't able to open it.

Nader Nejat approached me at the conference and he wants to mod it, so we're just waiting for another mod and it should be open.

Civilian
    I'd actually love it if the forum and threads were moved to a server other than Flashkit's primary server. This way I wouldn't have to waste time reloading pages until I can view them (regarding the new lovely "One page per user per second" message...)
    We just bought a new hurculean server at the beginning of the year. The board is fine until the harvestors and/or spiders hit. It's even fine with 1 or 2 respectful spiders, but some are just ruthless. That's the reason I had to add the 1 page per second rule.

Civilian

When I first entered Flashkit in 2001 there were also problems regarding page views.
    When I first came to FK it was very rare that you could get a few pages in a row to load without a time out. I'm sure you remember those days as well.

It's not new and returning a few years later there's still a problem due to the popularity of FK.
    It's just the spiders and, I forgot to mention above, the people that feel they need the whole site on their drive. I have a list of approx 15 offline browsers that are banned from the site. They automatically get the "Sorry but offline browsers are not allowed" message.

Originally posted by jstarkey
    Lightwave, someone just pointed me to this thread. Something like this should really be in the feedback forum. With 50 forums and thousands of new threads per day there's no way I can keep up. Even a PM to me would have saved quite a few gripes in here from being unseen.
    COME ON, DOES IT REALLY REQUIRE A FREAKIN PM FOR THE FLASHKIT ADMINISTRATORS TO FIGURE OUT THAT THERES A NEW VERSION OF MACROMEDIA FLASH?????
    the new version is named flash mx 2004
    Last edited by cosmiceye; 09-19-2003 at 06:54 PM.
    . . . view the psytopia reels _____RIVEND REEL | GOMEZ REEL_____ . . . . . . . . . . .

Civilian
    Originally posted by connect2nikhil

Needed
    Forum for Flash MX 2004
    Forum for Mobile Device Application Development using Flash MX 2004
    Forum for Flash MX Remote Server
    Forum for Flash MX 2004 Actionscripting.
    I'll add these to the list of requested forums.

Hey! Admin & Mod!,
    Best to use http://www.flashkit.com/board/forumd...hp?&forumid=44 or PM me. Please see the similar note above.

Civilian
    BUT--I have also noticed that the webmaster(s) are very, very slow to respond to ANYTHING here. I would imagine they have other jobs they need to attend to, but the maintenance level of Flashkit forums has kind of sucked.
    There are several reasons. I'm not intentionally ignoring anyone, I assure you. I have put a couple threads aside because I've answered them elsewhere and the person starting the thread is aware. There are corporate loopholes and other usual stuff. I'm also not counting out things slipping through the holes in my head either.

I have the PM button enabled on my profile. Before you get frustrated, just send me a note "hey moron" or something (please us the relevent smilie(s) so I can respond appropiraitely ).

Civilian

Re: Re: Need a 2004 forum!!

Originally posted by senocular
    I seriously doubt a name like "MX 2004 Forum" is really going to have that much an impact on FKs membership/attendance. And even if it does (as your opinions seem to so reflect) I dont care
    Thanks senocular, hope all is well BTW. Bit windy?

This is one of the reasons we haven't considered a forum yet. The other is: I have to either consolidate or eliminate other unused forums. I wasn't in a rush for an MX 2004 forum, since we have an "MX" forum and a General forum and requests for many other forums.

Civilian

Re: Re: Re: Need a 2004 forum!!

Originally posted by circle282
    Ok well since everything I'm using 2004 for is not supported in MX it is difficult to get answers on.
    Personally, and np if you want to correct me, but I think your issue is that not as many people are using it, not that they aren't coming to FK because we only have an MX forum and not an MX 2004 forum.

There are several reasons. I'm not intentionally ignoring anyone, I assure you. I have put a couple threads aside because I've answered them elsewhere and the person starting the thread is aware. There are corporate loopholes and other usual stuff. I'm also not counting out things slipping through the holes in my head either.

I have the PM button enabled on my profile. Before you get frustrated, just send me a note "hey moron" or something (please us the relevent smilie(s) so I can respond appropiraitely ).
    I started this thread, and I dont have any pm from you. What are you talking about? And no one needs to pm you being mean and calling you a moron, as there is a flash mx 2004 forum and this one doesnt disturb your servers

Civilian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Need a 2004 forum!!

Just came out? Do you buy a car that has no brakes cause they are "still under development"?

Still I have to solve the problems (mobile app's/MX2004 lite player) by myself because there's no help topic and it's buggy (I've noticed several).
    Forgive me if I'm way off here, but it sounds like you're going to starve, or possibly have considerably less money because we don't have a forum with "2004" in it's name? No one will answer a 2004 question if it's in the MX forum or General forum? If that's the way it is, I think we're being a little too strict here and I'll look into it. I'm pretty confident that that's not the case.

Civilian
    Originally posted by cosmiceye
    You said it bro. Dont see any administrator post in here... and when you register at http://flashmx2004.com/forums please drop a post saying that DGomez lured you there...
    I'm sure that once they have 50 forums and 1000s of new posts per day and thousands of active members, and 1 million plus page views per day, they'll ask that you post feedback related threads in the feedback forum. I will agree that, given the nature of this thread, it's much better here. I don't think anyone would freak if it was just linked to.

me and you will get an extra entry in the draw where every registered member gets to win a flashmx2004 book or something as splendid.
    Cosmic, that's bordering on spam. I understand that you feel the other site is more appropriate, you're entitled to that. But to post here hoping to win something or to promote a contest is against the TOS.

Civilian
    I started this thread, and I dont have any pm from you. What are you talking about?
    Nah, I meant if you feel ignored, just PM me. I had no clue this thread existed.

And no one needs to pm you being mean and calling you a moron, as there is a flash mx 2004 forum and this one doesnt disturb your servers
    No offense cosmic, but that sounds like the forum you prefer. We can't expect everyone to love FK. I will address the MX 2004 concern next week, if that's not soon enough, I apologize. I wasn't aware it was as big of a concern as some people here feel it is. I can't do anything about it right now. I promise to compile the list and there's a new forums conversation happening in the Team Room. I'll contact Scott on Tuesday and get an idea which forums we'll be adding. He's had a horrific 2 weeks and had to take off this week to get things back in order.

And I was joking about the moron comment.

I'm sure that once they have 50 forums and 1000s of new posts per day and thousands of active members, and 1 million plus page views per day, they'll ask that you post feedback related threads in the feedback forum. I will agree that, given the nature of this thread, it's much better here. I don't think anyone would freak if it was just linked to.
    Cosmic, that's bordering on spam. I understand that you feel the other site is more appropriate, you're entitled to that. But to post here hoping to win something or to promote a contest is against the TOS.
    well im sorry that you can cover the problem by telling me that I breake rules. I will be speaking a in a better language from now, jstarkey.
    This is whats bothering me:

above you explain about 50 forums and 1000s of mew posts every day and thousands of active members. I know this is true.
    so why the hell is flashcomponents.com a better forum topic than flash mx 2004?
    I just get angry when people have to bother other people who needs help in flash mx, in whats supposed to be(and has been) one of the greatests flash developer boards on earth

Civilian
    [B]
    so why the hell is flashcomponents.com a better forum topic than flash mx 2004?
    FlashComponents.com helps to pay the Flashkit bills.

I just get angry when people have to bother other people who needs help in flash mx, in whats supposed to be(and has been) one of the greatests flash developer boards on earth
    Please see my notes above. I will address the issue.

Allrighty, that sounds good then I will shut up and go to bed (my coffee machine got broken)
    but you have to agree when I say that macromedia flash and its usage in someway allso helps flashkit to get cash

Civilian
    well im sorry that you can cover the problem by telling me that I breake rules.
    What am I covering up? You went against the TOS. I had to address it.