A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Do aliens exist?

Originally posted by webcorps
    No digital, he is not right. As you stated the letters were written by Paul and contained correspondence from those you mentioned. Those letters were kept in Rome and recompiled by various monasteries during the dark ages. Subsequently they were edited into various versions later on by kings. The King James Version is the child of these endeavors.
    Erm, I suppose you're both right. Paul wrote various letters, and the monasteries edited them.

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Originally posted by I_am_TheFlasher
    If you knew your bible history, you would know that the new testiment was NOT created by monk. It was written by some 26 people( I believe)
    I have to jump in here.

Look at your own words flasher, "I think".. You believe in something so completely but are not even sure what you believe in. You clearly do not have a grasp on either concept, be it the christian rites or the theory of evolution. You are merely taking what little knowledge/information you have and are making assumptions from that.

Since you are clearly unfamiliar with evolution, I'll keep most of my comments to religion. Even Christians know that people do not look like there parents or cousins, do to the simple fact that 50% mommy + 50% daddy = 100% baby. God has nothing to do with this, even in christian believes he is responsible for giving each child a soul etc., but not making them look different.

In religious context, Adam and Eve made Cane and Able. Adam and Eve were 2 separate people thus they make unique children with a maximum of 50% of themselves in each child. With on 50% of there genes they can not create exact replicas like bacteria or other asexual organisms would.

This is the most basic (and provable) genetics. Whether you are a devote christian or a complete athiest it doesn't matter because this is a simple provable and observable fact. Don't believe me, buy some yellow and green peas and try breeding them.

As for proof of evolution, well what many would consider proof you will just dismiss. In order for your to accomidate your narrow beliefs you would have to say the ancient egyptians never existed, nor did ancient romans or greeks, nor did the dinosaurs, nor did the ice age happen.. the list would go on and on.

To sum up. You can't tell me my beliefs are wrong unless you understand what I believe. Evolutionists are saying "we did NOT evolve from apes" and you are saying "your an idiot, you think we evolved from apes". See how dumb that sounds?

Originally posted by flipshark
    I have to jump in here.

Look at your own words flasher, "I think"..
    AH fool, those aren't my own words. I said "I beleive"

What exactly is the difference between thinking and believing? Conviction, i think, no wait... believe

Thinking you use your brain. Beleive you use your heart and brain(I think)

Does every debate on FK (as of the end of last year) have to turn into some uniformed flame fest (with very few exceptions).

I ask everyone to drop this thread, and let it die, or I will petition for it to be closed. Please.
    John Starkey: So what if I have had sexual relations with Saddam.

Looking for a webhost, paid, free, or dedicated? Check out this thread, to get my reviews.

Flipshark has hit the nail on the head.
    Humanity existed for thousands and thousands of years without God and Christianity. This spin off religion from uncultured Euro heathens, invented only a couple of thousand years ago tries to make out it is more real than the erosion of Ularu. (Ayres rock Australia).
    Why did only white Euro people have this God, Jesus, Ghostly trinity, and why didnt it eveolve with koories, asians, indians, africans, americans in fact any other place at all. The only time it found its way into these places was by condescending christians going into teach their more civilised culture (at least the Japanses knew what you were upto, didnt try that again)
    Oh, because it was created, not bestowed upon us. The theory of God is just that, a theory. It is about as valid as The egyptian god Isis, The Greek god Zeus, The indian Kali, Buddha, Alla or any other FICTIOUS creation made up by people to comfort them.
    Science implicitly denies what the bible tells us about the creation of man, earth, the universe. Erosion is proof enough of that.
    I cant prove that God dosent exist, But you cant prove the Loch ness monster dosent exist either. So what. At least being able stand up for ones self, to have faith in your fellow man and look beyond the arcane fairytales of your ancestors is better than relying on some God to explain everything to you, some God who's very existence denies your own true heritage, some god who seems to have nothing better to do than reap havoc accross the world in the name of religion. The same Havoc this particular religion has been doing for almost a thousand years.
    At least evolutionists know and accept where the violence comes from.
    peace.

Originally posted by flipshark
    I have to jump in here.

Look at your own words flasher, "I think".. You believe in something so completely but are not even sure what you believe in. You clearly do not have a grasp on either concept, be it the christian rites or the theory of evolution. You are merely taking what little knowledge/information you have and are making assumptions from that.

Since you are clearly unfamiliar with evolution, I'll keep most of my comments to religion. Even Christians know that people do not look like there parents or cousins, do to the simple fact that 50% mommy + 50% daddy = 100% baby. God has nothing to do with this, even in christian believes he is responsible for giving each child a soul etc., but not making them look different.

In religious context, Adam and Eve made Cane and Able. Adam and Eve were 2 separate people thus they make unique children with a maximum of 50% of themselves in each child. With on 50% of there genes they can not create exact replicas like bacteria or other asexual organisms would.

This is the most basic (and provable) genetics. Whether you are a devote christian or a complete athiest it doesn't matter because this is a simple provable and observable fact. Don't believe me, buy some yellow and green peas and try breeding them.

As for proof of evolution, well what many would consider proof you will just dismiss. In order for your to accomidate your narrow beliefs you would have to say the ancient egyptians never existed, nor did ancient romans or greeks, nor did the dinosaurs, nor did the ice age happen.. the list would go on and on.

To sum up. You can't tell me my beliefs are wrong unless you understand what I believe. Evolutionists are saying "we did NOT evolve from apes" and you are saying "your an idiot, you think we evolved from apes". See how dumb that sounds?
    Actually mate, your quite right there about the peas, although with some peas you may meet a yellow/greeny pea plant, this isnt the case with most other organisms. The reasons why the yellow/green might work is because the gene coding for the expression of pea colour has no dominant nor recessive allele (alternative). There for an intermediate is reached. If you have blue eyes, and your wife has green eyes, your baby could very well have brown eyes.

Evolution to me is easily proved with vestigal organs.

Anyone know what they are?

A snake has 2 small bones similar to that of what small lizards have now for legs. Go on, kill a snake, they are there, and why are they there? Because snakes once evolved from reptiles with legs!

If anyone wants to go through darwins theory of evolution in whole I'll be happy to assist, I jsut can't be bothered right now!

I give you one question Flasher, if god made us how we are today, and so damned perfect, why do I have fingernails? Why do I have hair on the back of my hand?

Originally posted by onlinegs.com
    Does every debate on FK (as of the end of last year) have to turn into some uniformed flame fest (with very few exceptions).

I ask everyone to drop this thread, and let it die, or I will petition for it to be closed. Please.
    oh put a sock in it - if you don't like it, don't read it! We are having an informed discussion.

I'm gonna do excactly what onlinegs said. I'm gonna let this thread die, May it rest in peace.

Originally posted by bvgroote
    I give you one question Flasher, if god made us how we are today, and so damned perfect, why do I have fingernails? Why do I have hair on the back of my hand?
    Umm, why wouldn't you?

And the only reasons nakes have those bones is because theys once had legs, but after the Adam and Eve incodent, snakes were damned to crawl the earth on their belly for eternity.

Originally posted by audas
    Flipshark has hit the nail on the head.
    Humanity existed for thousands and thousands of years without God and Christianity. This spin off religion from uncultured Euro heathens, invented only a couple of thousand years ago tries to make out it is more real than the erosion of Ularu. (Ayres rock Australia).
    Why did only white Euro people have this God, Jesus, Ghostly trinity, and why didnt it eveolve with koories, asians, indians, africans, americans in fact any other place at all. The only time it found its way into these places was by condescending christians going into teach their more civilised culture (at least the Japanses knew what you were upto, didnt try that again)
    Oh, because it was created, not bestowed upon us. The theory of God is just that, a theory. It is about as valid as The egyptian god Isis, The Greek god Zeus, The indian Kali, Buddha, Alla or any other FICTIOUS creation made up by people to comfort them.
    Science implicitly denies what the bible tells us about the creation of man, earth, the universe. Erosion is proof enough of that.
    I cant prove that God dosent exist, But you cant prove the Loch ness monster dosent exist either. So what. At least being able stand up for ones self, to have faith in your fellow man and look beyond the arcane fairytales of your ancestors is better than relying on some God to explain everything to you, some God who's very existence denies your own true heritage, some god who seems to have nothing better to do than reap havoc accross the world in the name of religion. The same Havoc this particular religion has been doing for almost a thousand years.
    At least evolutionists know and accept where the violence comes from.
    I didn't want to say it but your right, but your digressing from the point, this is about evolution, and the question of aliens existing, that goes for all of you, lets keep this on topic, we have enough religion debates on here as it is!

Originally posted by I_am_TheFlasher
    Umm, why wouldn't you?

And the only reasons nakes have those bones is because theys once had legs, but after the Adam and Eve incodent, snakes were damned to crawl the earth on their belly for eternity.
    they aren't the only organism that has vestigal organs, we have them too!

Originally posted by bvgroote
    oh put a sock in it - if you don't like it, don't read it! We are having an informed discussion.
    If this what you call informed.....but I see a thread that people post whatever they want to say with no respect for the beliefe of others. Calling what someone believe in Fictious, and lies...is not what I call respectfull...its flat out rude. Unless you can damn well prove that it is untrue then you have no right to call it fictious, lies, incorrect, wrong. If you want to say its your opinion someone is wrong.....go right ahead and say it...but make it noted thats it your opinion and you could be just as wrong as they are.
    John Starkey: So what if I have had sexual relations with Saddam.

Looking for a webhost, paid, free, or dedicated? Check out this thread, to get my reviews.

This is my opinion. Your all wrong, and I'm right.

Ok, lets face it theres a lot speculation about aliens, maybe Jesus, Ala, Buddha, and the Aztec Gods, are all really aliens. And aliens have been visiting earth for thousands of years, we called them GODS in the past, but now we are maybe seeing them for what they are.
    So maybe ET Phone Home is really the resurection of christ, and Sigourney weaver is Gabriel fighting the devil, and hey, Star Trek is the Crusades, the BORG are the Japanese during the Tokagawa and Meji restoration.
    This thread started of quite interesting, its amazing the destructive nature of Christianity, despite its best intentions, definitely time to close this down.
    peace.

I'm sorry, but this thread did not turn this way because of Christianity. If I recall correctly it was japangreg who said something about the big bang theory. So me and my stupid ways decide to post. So it wasn't christianity itself that did it, It was a person. Who's name is me.

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Originally posted by audas
    This thread started of quite interesting, its amazing the destructive nature of Christianity, despite its best intentions, definitely time to close this down.
    I wouldn't say christianity is to blame, merely the close mindedness of people who believe in it right down to the last letter.

I mean if I were to believe in Christianity word for word I would:

1) Have to pretend the dinosaurs did not exist or existed at the same time as the ancient egyptians but failed to make it into the hieroglyphs. Of course any eygyptian history over 5000 BC years old must be wrong/fake.

2) Believe all scientific dating methods are inaccurate including both potassium, carbon, radio carbon and all other dating methods.

3) Ignore the fossil evidence of Lucy and all other astrolopithicus's, calling them nothing more than weird shaped rocks or deformed humans/apes who fossilized in Noah's great flood.

4) Ignore all greco-roman history that predates the age the bible says the earth is.

5) Accept that over 5.3 billion people in the world are wrong in their believes and will merely burn in hell for eternity because they believe something other that what I do.

6) Turn a blind eye to anything scientific and hide behind the god made it and so it is so routine. Then when anything undeniably true comes along (and I can hide it by burning someone at the stake) I will merely use misinterpretations of the book to explain this. (Then again the earth is probably flat anyway, and NASA is just full of bull)

I'd go on but there really is no end to this................................... Ignore my ramblings it's 2 AM and I've been up since 6am yesterday... getting cranky I guess.

I leave for a few hours and it all goes downhill!

Getting back on the original topic...I think that there is no way we can rule out the existance of life on other planets. The universe is so vast and our tiny little earth is a grain of sand among that sahara of space. I can neither say for or against intelligent life on other planets or in other solar systems both because of the lack of evidence in science and in the Bible.

All I can say is that our universe seems to have been fine-tuned for human life from the very beginning. This understanding is expressed in a concept astrophysicists call “the anthropic principle.” In a nutshell, the anthropic principle says that “all the seemingly arbitrary and unrelated constants in physics have one strange thing in common: these are precisely the values you need if you want to have a universe capable of producing life.” This is the conclusion of atheist-turned-believer Patrick Glynn in his book (God: The Evidence). Glynn notes that “the picture of the universe bequeathed to us by the most advanced 20th-century science is closer in spirit to the vision presented in the book of Genesis than anything offered by science since Copernicus” (some 500 years ago).

In conclusion, life exists here. And that's where I usually keep my focus.
    Last edited by FusionJedi; 09-17-2003 at 11:20 PM.
    The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

Fusion Jedi, that is a very savvy point (I just Pirates of the carribean and yeah Im 30), this is also mentioned in books such as paradigm regained. Th epoint about this is that almost everything in physics is pointing towards an attempt to bring about life. ( no need to turn all Christian though). Th e most notable of which is this:-
    During the 60/70 the Americans were trying to find out if the ruskies were testing nukes on the dark side of the moon (as you do), and they devised methods for testing for what would amount to large energy bursts in the form of something or other ( cant remember now). Any way they discovered what they were looking for, unfortunately in such large amounts that the blasts would have to be big enough to destroy our whole solar system, what on earth could it be. Well here the thing....it hsa been determined that when DNA is first forming from protein, enzyme soups ( a process which can be duplicated) DNA either Spirals Left OR right. Now when DNA occurs both left and right it destroys itself and can not reproduce properly, (the old chains linking up), so it can only exist spiralling either left OR right, not both. All DNA on earth spins to the left. So back these huge energy bursts, it turned out that they were comming from extremely small stars called pulsars. These have similar mass to a sun the size of solar system, but are smaller than our moon. The generate massive quantities of this energy and blast it out across the universe, the amazing thing about this is when these bursts are directed at forming DNA in the lab, DNA spiralls to the left EVERY SINGLE TIME WITHOUT EXCETION. Freaky. It turns out that the Universe has a built in mechanism to kick start any fledgling life in the right direction.
    Oh yeah, thats where the americans came in, they discovered these stars whilest looking for those nukes.
    Once again, the miracle of creation which we all agree. Some of just cant accept the enormity that this involves, and want to reduce it down to some dude called god who snapped his fingers and went heeeey!!
    Its easier for everyone involved here dont call it GOD, dont call it Evolution, both call it Nature and you will agree.
    peace.