A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: expert help needed

expert help needed

Hey guys.

I need some help. I’ve been looking around for some information on a particular project I’m working on, and I seem to be having a real problem. Information from some flash experts like yourselves would be a great help!

Essentially it boils down to the fact I just don’t know a way to animate tweens backwards - if possible at all.

Here is a basic mock up swf, imitating what I’m trying to achieve.

Ideally, this is what I would like do: When the user clicks on the right (or forward) button- the image present scrolls along to reveal the next image. And obviously when the user clicks on the left button (or backward) button the image scrolls back.

How do I do this?! --I’m sure there is a script that can tween or appear to tween the image back into place.

Any help on this would be awesome. Here is the mock up .fla file if you need it. Maybe this doesn’t sound like expert knowledge- but thats why I’m asking here
    --Thx in advance guys.

X
    //

I'm not an expert but I have an idea! You could copy the tween that you have, the frames I mean. Then paste them and reverse them. have the forward button play the first tween then the back button could play the reverse one. You would just have to have the action on the buttons tell the MC which frames to go to. And make sure you have a stop action at the end of each tween so it will stop instead of playing them both.
    <3 Julie

AIM: Julie3360
    YIM: TheAtarisR0ck

I'm always asking for help so I thought it would be appropriate to give a big THANK YOU to anyone who's ever helped me!

Here's a better way. The last one is a good way and that's what I'd do if I came upon such a situation. But that way may cause problems later.

Instead, use movie clips and counters. What you do is when the > button is pressed the counter goes up by one and < goes down by one.

So...

On > press have a "set variable" say...image = image + 1; and then opposite for the < button... image = image - 1;

Now, make a movie clip (2 actually) that has an empty object go from left to right and another from right to left. Give that object an instance name. Now in the button instance, on press tell it to set the empty object in the movieclip to whatever image is next. So...on > press have a "telltarget" call function that tells the empty objects instance name to display the next picture using the "image" counter number.

I hope you can go from here...if not add me to ICQ and I can explain the rest! 67248503

Originally posted by undergroundman
    The last one is a good way and that's what I'd do if I came upon such a situation. But that way may cause problems later.
    Yeah that’s correct.
    Thax for the post JulieOolie, I had thought of that, however I have about 40-50 images to include within this project- so doing the reverse frame suggestion may be a last resort- It will just be very time consuming!

Undergroundman- cheers for the information dude. To be honest I have very little idea of how to do that; nonetheless Im going to boot Flash now and see what I can do. If I’m unsuccessful I may take up your offer and buzz you on ICQ!

Anyone other experts have any other ideas

X
    //