A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please Help! Fraternity Preload Movie and Main Movie

Please Help! Fraternity Preload Movie and Main Movie

I really would appreciate some much needed help with this project from some of you smart people!! I read this forum and appreciate the knowledge I see!!
    My son created the SigEp Arbeta Fraternity(Arkansas-Henderson State University) preloader .swf and the main .swf that they would like for the introduction to their site.

The preloader has the precentage and loading bar to show the main movie loading. This is WAY OVER MY head. I am a beginnner and they need someone that would like to help them with this.

What they want is the preloader to run with the percentage and preloader bar loading for the main movie and of course, then, the main movie starts.

Would some one want to help me set this up? I do not have a clue how to do this. I have HONESTLY tried to read, read, work, study, and apply tutorials, but this is too advance for me.

Here are the movies:
    http://www.darcejean.com/arbeta/flas..._preloader.swf
    www.darcejean.com/arbeta/flash/arbeta.swf
    Thank you
    Darce Jean
    Retired Artist,Mother,Grandmother
    Darce Jean
    Love Christ
    Love being with my family

Last edited by the_benefactor; 08-22-2009 at 09:27 AM.

Banned
    This must be quite a big .fla, since your main movie is streaming and breaking up on my cable connection. You must be using attached sounds and/or embedding fonts, and you'll probably then need to use a preloader only movie the load your main movie.
    You can allways try to look at yet another file, a preloader only movie in this thread ( http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=375161 ), or you could make your .flas available by uploading them to your server (don't think that they would go through Hotmail's limits), and provide a link to download them from there, so we can have a look... Zip them up in any case!

hmm yes, just had a look myself. your main file must be huge. see if you can cut it down a bit or try posting the ".fla" files instead of the ".swf".

if the ".swf" files are this big though playback will take forever.

Please Help! Fraternity Preload Movie and Main Movie

THANK YOU - THANK YOU
    Jason and I thank you so very much for helping us with this major project for the fraternity to complete their site.
    I have posted the fla files in zipped form:
    http://www.darcejean.com/arbeta/flash/SigEp_Arbeta.html

If the movie is too long, I will share this with Jason before you do anything with it. He typed the text from within Flash MX and imported the music. Does this give you information you need?
    My email address is: darcejean@sbcglobal.net

Thanks again,
    I may be smiling again!
    Darce Jean
    Darce Jean
    Love Christ

Check this. You can add a 100 frames animation in the preloader. Also I had to change the dimensions of the preloader to fit it. I would reduce the size of the movie. It's just too big.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Thank you Cancerinform! I have sent your revision to Jason.
    Darce Jean
    Darce Jean
    Love Christ

I forgot to mentioned that the actions in the preloader are where I was trying to learn how to do this. They can be removed!
    Thanks
    Darce Jean
    Darce Jean
    Love Christ

I have tried the new movie, Cancerinform, with the new .fla file you sent. I increased to 100 frames (except - the graphic "INTIALIZING".)
    When I played the .fla just like you sent it and when I increased the frames, it worked, except, the sound from the main movie is heard in the background. I moved the main movie frames over 3 frames like I was supposed to, but this did not change hearing the sound.

http://www.darcejean.com/arbeta/flash/SigEp_Arbeta.html

Would you or others, please help me with this? I am so frustrated right now, because I can not figure this out for myself. I want this to be really good for the fraternity. I appreciate you all!!

The fla files are zipped ready for download on the same page as the preloader.

Thank you so much,
    Darce Jean
    Retired Artist,
    Mother,
    Grandmother
    Darce Jean
    Love Christ