A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Reducing the size of my swf

Reducing the size of my swf

I'd like to know if someone can tell me how to reduce the size of my swf to fit into a 387x203 window on my site. When I go the movies on Flash Kit The small version of a selected movie is displayed. I'd like to know if anyone can tell me how this is done.

shorter than most, but not all findShorty's Avatar
    the movies displayed on the flash kit movies section are not smaller versions, they are the same version with their width and height values changed in the object and embed tags.
    change these values in your html to be whatever the width and height you need the swf to display.
    scaling a flash move like this will degrade any bitmaps in the movie, and if the aspect ratio changes (ie. the ratio between the width and height) the movie may display smaller than you imagined it would.

I created an html and it is the size I want. I have a window on my site that displays an swf and I'd like to know how to get the html to show in this window the way the smaller versions of the flash movies show up when accessing the movie section.