A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Scale to 90% of OS screen size & centered...possible?

Scale to 90% of OS screen size & centered...possible?

I would like my projector movie to execute at 90% of the OS's creen size in the center....can this be done with allowscale?

THanks
    Joey Anderson
    Mac Web Internet, Inc.,
    a web application developer and service provider.
    http://www.macwebinternet.com
    info@macwebinternet.com

It has to do with allowscale and fullscreen.

What you want to do is design your movie at say 800x600, then make a border so your actual movie takes up whatever portion of the screen you want.

Then you set your projector to play full screen and scale. That should make your movie take up 90% (or whatever %) of the screen on any resolution.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to do it without the fullscreen option. So the rest of your screen will still me unuseable.

The only way I know of in flash to control the size & position of a popup is with javascript, but that requires a browser & swf combination. I don't think it can be done with a projector.

You may also be able to use .bat files and the fscommand...but I'm not sure.

If there is a good way do do this, I'd be interested in knowing too.

Good luck.

Thanks man....yeah I actually designed for 800x600, however I am having an issue with the sizing because I have pdf's that are on the CD itself that are executed using "geturl", but when the user clicks the pdf link, it pops up like it should and then after their done looking at it, the borowser closes and they can't get back to the CD-ROM for some reason.

So my idea was to execute the CD app, at 90% so that it would just be floating on the desktop...this would take care of the full screen fscommand from screwing things up.

I hope that made sense....it's hard to explain sometimes.

THanks,
    Joey Anderson
    Mac Web Internet, Inc.,
    a web application developer and service provider.
    http://www.macwebinternet.com
    info@macwebinternet.com

Using an fscommand and a .bat file to open the pdf may be a better option. Id you decide to try it, just make sure you put all your executables in an fscommand folder.

When I made some CD-ROM's using Flash and was opening PDF's, websites, etc., I just designed the window to be smaller (700x400 or something) and had it open up with allowscale off and no fullscreen. I could never find a way to center it when it pops up...but there must be a way.