A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Selecting shapes for individual movment

Selecting shapes for individual movment

First off, this is for Swishmax users

I want to be able to select a shape by clicking on it. Once selected i want to be albe to rotate it by pressing the space bar...independent from the other shapes. also i want the shape selected draggable. Finally i would like to have the selected shape have the capability to be duplicated to a max of 5 times all with independent selectablility.

See swf or download swi for example. Right now the only shape that rotates is the bottom shape in outline format. (Blue Square)

Here is what I have so far:

Thanks in advance and good luck.click here to view
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tryple8; 10-01-2003 at 03:50 AM.

foolow up

Right now I have the blue square rotating, but I want to be able to select any square on the screen and by pressing the same button (space bar) have that new shape be the only shape rotating.

please help if you can

thanks everyone
    [swf width="300" height="40" background="#000000"]http://www.geocities.com/trypleight/footer.swf[/swf]

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    How are you wanting to select a shape just using the space bar .. surely the mouse has to be involved there somewhere.
    Roger Onslow - SWiSHmax: its here!

bump

In my post I said "I want to be able to select a shape by clicking on it." Here is what I am trying to do:

1. Click any of the 4 squares to select that square.
    2 Be able to drag any of the 4 squares. (DONE ALREADY)
    3. Then after selecting any square be able to press space bar to rotate that square that I have selected.
    4. Be able to duplicate that any of the selected squares by pressing the "enter" button.

* I don't want to have to assign a different key for each shape to rotate it or duplicate it to maximum of 5 times. I don't want eight buttons...I would like to only have space = rotate, and "enter" = duplicate max 5 times.

I hope this makes more sense.
    Last edited by Tryple8; 10-02-2003 at 11:26 PM.

Bump Bump
    [swf width="300" height="40" background="#000000"]http://www.geocities.com/trypleight/footer.swf[/swf]

bump