A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Resolute <------ Updated....

Resolute <------ Updated....

Ok ppl....kinda like added a few things to get the site a bit more interesting than the last time i posted it....

Here goes:

Resolute Acumen
    What's that? You haven't seen my site yet?? Here you go - Click Me!

United States Presidential Hopeful in 2028
    Maybe it's just me, but it's taking forever for the site to come up.

"When America ceases to be good, it will cease to be great." de Tocqueville

nope, its not u

sort it out dude
    freshly squeezed media

Terribly sorry guys....should be some bandwidth problem....it works fine here though (Middle East)...I'll sort it out and get back later......

Not too crazy about the opening page. I think you can do better. Also, if your going to use a popup then center it on the screen. I just saw a intro type thing and didn't see any content. I am guessing the rest is coming soon.

dude, that is awfull
    i can understand the concept, but you have excecuted to very badly. the fact that you have to click to trigger every rseponse is very bad. and you dont give enought information to clients to make then want to use you
    freshly squeezed media

Originally posted by supermud
    Not too crazy about the opening page. I think you can do better. Also, if your going to use a popup then center it on the screen. I just saw a intro type thing and didn't see any content. I am guessing the rest is coming soon.
    Do better? In the sense?
    Centering the popup window? Still working on that code...didn't get it sorted out yet...
    About the 'rest coming soon', I'd supposed you refer to the strange li'l eyes on the top right...that denotes.

Originally posted by n-gen
    dude, that is awfull
    i can understand the concept, but you have excecuted to very badly. the fact that you have to click to trigger every rseponse is very bad. and you dont give enought information to clients to make then want to use you
    'Click to trigger response'?
    Well as i mentioned (in the earlier thread), the idea here is to be different...give viewers a different 'look and feel' which would effect the interactivity...if you do feel the clicking to be irritating, then I might as well wait for the similar majority response and then switch the idea to something else.

'Enough info to clients'?
    Again, I'd refer to the 'eyes' since it's kinda like a 'coming soon' site. As per the info, I'm building on the portfolio page for now...so far..just wanted the name and email up there...

the opening page is your hand shake to the user. i am just saying that i thought your hand shake was week.

who loves ya?
    too much clicking required to enter the site, set a cookie (a flash shared object even) so that when a person goes through it once he/she won't have to do it again.

the opening page is your hand shake to the user. i am just saying that i thought your hand shake was week.
    pfft - quit it with the mumbo jumbo - he is not finished yet - I think it looks very promising, but thinks it needs nore umph. I think people that think opening pages are THAT important need a slap.
    Each success only buys an entrance ticket to a more difficult problem

superhero in training
    i can see it. at the least it takes you on a kind of journey with a start and finish.

i would make the graphic at the bottom be more obvious its a button depending on your target audience (how web savvy are they) and i would make the graphics on the front page smaller. its just my own preference but i think small and subtle beats out big and dominant any day. the type is a good size, however.

interesting and engaging while it lasts
    Jeff

pfft - quit it with the mumbo jumbo - he is not finished yet
    problems4me, if we can't critique unfinished work, then what is the point of people posting works in progress.

problems4me, if we can't critique unfinished work, then what is the point of people posting works in progress.
    I wasn't saying don't analyse the work - but come on, "He has a weak handshake" - that just plain sucks and stinks of corporate stylee bull!
    Each success only buys an entrance ticket to a more difficult problem

I am as far from corporate stylee as possible. The site looks good so far. The opening page needs work.

It is just my opinion, nothing personal.

Originally posted by jeffthedesigner
    i can see it. at the least it takes you on a kind of journey with a start and finish.

i would make the graphic at the bottom be more obvious its a button depending on your target audience (how web savvy are they) and i would make the graphics on the front page smaller. its just my own preference but i think small and subtle beats out big and dominant any day. the type is a good size, however.

interesting and engaging while it lasts
    Jeff
    Hmm...I understand your perspective....I'll surely consider that.

Originally posted by problems4me
    pfft - quit it with the mumbo jumbo - he is not finished yet - I think it looks very promising, but thinks it needs nore umph. I think people that think opening pages are THAT important need a slap.
    agreed

cant be bothered to read all the posts..
    its not connection speed, its the actual length of the movie= aaaaaggeees! What more i didnt realise i had to click on the logo at the bottom to go through a 'powerpoint' presentation.. i want to click once and thats it most would agree i find.. Adding to that the popup.. it doesnt do it for me.. Too much empty space, things looking unorganised whats that about the eys at the top? Needs a lot of work
    Not rude just harsh..keep it up!

what do you say?
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=496905
    Do you handball?
    http://www.stellios.co.uk/handball.htm

Originally posted by Stellios
    ..its not connection speed, its the actual length of the movie= aaaaaggeees!...
    Well, the size to be precise is 53KB...

...What more i didnt realise i had to click on the logo at the bottom to go through a 'powerpoint' presentation.. i want to click once and thats it most would agree i find..
    To realise that, is the small animation played in the start...sure you'd figure that out if you had your speakers turned on! Powerpoint?! Well, that's an opinion....'differentiation' is the key here...

..Adding to that the popup.. it doesnt do it for me..
    Maybe it's because I didn't tell it is a popup...Guess I should put one of those that go 'Launch' or 'Deploy'...else....many sites got it and ppl don't notice it...it's the way you put it I guess...

...Too much empty space, things looking unorganised whats that about the eys at the top?
    Empty space?! Well that's the theme!! Can't do much about that...
    The eyes will tell you what they are on 'mouse over'...it gives a 'Coming soon' impression...(or atleast hope it does)

..Needs a lot of work
    Not rude just harsh..keep it up!
    Uhuh....I just started...and I have to filter all these opinions..

Usability

Flash should be used as an enhancement rather than a distraction. This is a good starting point for using Flash to the users advantage.

http://www.flazoom.com/

The Excentrifugal Force SSC Cosmic's Avatar
    I think it's a good, fresh strategy. When I watch non-FK members surf, I realize that they need alot of direction with flash sites, so maybe a bobbing arrow above the triangle button that directs the user would help.

On your "watch for more", I would recommend adding a line that says something like "In the meantime, you can email us at adsf@asdfasdf.com" (with link/mailto).

Load time was almost instant on cable.
    if (you expect help){
    then.help(others);
    }else{
    gotoAndCheck.aSite4.somePoorBastardinSiteChex;
    }