A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Importing Power Point?

Sir solves own questions :-D

Importing Power Point?

To have this playing in a flash movie do I have to do anything special?? I have a school project that I am starting to work on with powerpoint and I thought I would spice it up a little with flash. I was going to have a cool menu system and stuff. If there is code needed to like embed it in the movie I would appreciate if you could show me it.'

Thanks a lot!

anything???

I didn't know you could play powerpoint in a flash file. I know the opposite is possible, but OLE controls aren't implemented in flash yet (that I know of, but I'm still familiarizing myself with MX 2004)...

PS - OLE controls are application documents run from within other applications.

oh i thought I heard you could. Your way is probably right. But all I can do is have visual effects not interactivity? thats a bit of a bummer, but Ill work with it. Do you know if you can embed a powerpoint presentation onto the internet?

I am preparing a flash presentation from a powerpoint presentation. But what I do is export pictures and import into flash. I never heard about powerpoint directly integrating in flash but the other way round.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Yes, you can run powerpoint presentations over the net by simply adding a link to the presentation. Unfortunately, whoever goes to watch the presentation must have powerpoint installed or it won't work.

Swiff Point Player is a FREE Microsoft PowerPoint Add In

http://www.globfx.com/products/#swfplayers
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Hmm, but I cant have the powerpoint document play inside of the flash document? Then I guess I can ask my teacher if I can do it the other way around. Seems more unlikely because they let almost nothing into the computers.

With that Swiff program can I make the flash documetn interactive??

if the mountain doesn't come to mahoma, mahoma will go to the mountain

i'm not sure if it works with complicated stuff (actionscript, or movies inside movies inside movies), i've just used it for very simple things.

Have you tried flash mx 2004, i've seen it has a new feature: flash slide presentations, kinda like powerpoint. So probably it wouldn't be too hard to redo the whole powerpoint with flash.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Ya, I think Im just going to add simple Flash things into Powerpoint. Most of the project is done at school, and if I did it with Flash it would just be dumb. I would have to do it at my house. Plus, I dont know when its due and I only have like 10 days left on my mx2004 trial.

Detachment is Balance.

WMF format.

I read just a few minutes ago on another thread (if i could rememebr who or where I'd put a link), that you can export a simple PowerPoint presentation as a Windows MetaFile (WMF) and then import it into Flash. Haven't tried it myself, only just heard of it. But it sounds advanced enough to work

Hope it helps.
    (*)