A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Minimal site looking for feedback on what i have so far....

Really this is me..... mentaleruptions's Avatar

Minimal site looking for feedback on what i have so far....

Any and all feedback is wellcome.

http://www.dosdesign.com/minimal/

Right now its just the layout and nav no content on the site yet and still working on sounds and a few other bits of layout but basicly what u see is what will be there.

M

My Flashkit Submited Movies:
    Guestbook: V.1.0 V.1.2 V.1.3 V.1.4 PHP Mail Form: V.1.0
    My Deviantart page: Link

i like your site its a very nice layout and the menu is very good r

Your Site

I like the site alot too -

Every client I've EVER worked for would never like it.

Here is what they would say....

"HOW DO I NAVIGATE THIS THING"
    "I CAN'T READ IT"
    "TEXT IS TOO SMALL"

But you know, the only thing between GREAT FLASH SITES and CRAP ones are "THE CLIENT".

-Wiley

Really Nice Site! But I do agree. Most clients you would be trying to get may be turned off for the reasons Wiley listed. You are on a great track if your client list is as nice as your design because also like wiley said clients are what counts. - cheers Tech Designs

I like the site but...

wiley173: Did you just have a run in with a client who didn't like your work? Because, that's what it's sounding like. I think everybody knows that clients always choose the more tacky versions, so we'll leave it with them. Let the man have his fun!

The colour scheme is nice, the navigation is nice, but the clocks at the top seem a bit too repetitive to keep them there the whole time. I know the site isn't completely finished yet, so maybe you could just leave the clocks only on the introductory page.

I can see sound but can't hear no sound? Or is it just not finished yet?

Great work.

Kind Regards,

Cory

Excellent so far - in fact I was wondering what kind of site you could make

Nice colours, the clocks turning need to go. It will be interesting to see what happens when you click and the content comes up.

nice work

clients

wiley173: Did you just have a run in with a client who didn't like your work?
    No

how about you leave the menu on the screen for a start, once someone clicks it can go away and reduce to a vertical line that indicates 'menu'? That way i the user wont have to discover where the menu is.
    The image on the right.. scrap it. Why do the clocks have to rotate o quickly? I think im getting diiiiiiiizyyyyyyyyyy. Got to go to...

What do you say about my piece?
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=496905
    Do you handball?
    http://www.stellios.co.uk/handball.htm

It looks like a lot of potential. I dont like the clocks as stated above, and if you had an indicator for navigation it would be nicer, and more user friendly.
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF
    See full complaint here > www.actionfx.net/complaint.htm

Originally posted by bvgroote
    Excellent so far - in fact I was wondering what kind of site you could make

Nice colours, the clocks turning need to go. It will be interesting to see what happens when you click and the content comes up.

nice work
    Ha.

Just curious as to why u was wondering what i can actualy do .
    If u wanna see something else i just wiped together take a look at www.dosdesign.com/dosdesign its used some ideas ffrom various sites and all worked into one.
    Im not gonna use it either thats the funny thing lol its just one of those things u do to see if u can create it or not.

The site does need a few things sorted and changed like the clocks im going to leave them up BUT remove the spinning hands unless i get them to show the actual time too.

As for the menu im also going to have it become static and stay where it is once its appeard because just looking at the site myself it looks strange when its disapeard.

As for the msuic its all setup to play it and all the script is in place to load it but i just havent added it yet.

I could disable it but then the equalizer wouldnt play so i had to have it working to test it and make sure it would work with the volume slider.

As for content thats something i have to sort out and work out actualy what im adding from what ive worked on and then the navigation i have worked out and just need to sort it out.

And the lab as im guessing u all no will have some flash files for download with a readme staiting dont go bugging me for help read and learn from FK just as i did lol i learnt that from submiting my guestbook and getting emails every damn day asking for help.

M

UPDATED....

Ive just added a counter that shows how long u have been on the site and i have also added the moving content without content now.

Its now time to find some sounds and maybe some images any ideas or thoughts are welcome.

And i will be removing the spinning clocks but keeping the time zones up top.

hey hey

like the site, nice colour scheme and minimal look although a bit derivative of other stuff out there but thats not to take anything away - glad you are taking off the spinning clocks, your counters a bit hectic too!

im feelin it...

please check my site

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=497253

finky
    --http://www.fink23.com--