A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: new comer to flash, help! please.

new comer to flash, help! please.

okay, so im making a website for my band. i created the intro page in dreamweaver with HTML. now im onto flash to create the actual website. when im adding in my menu buttons (news, shows, contact, etc.) they show up in my work space, but when i go to look at it, like to preview it, theyre not there. i have NO clue what is going on! also, once im past this point, could someone PLEASE explain to me how i can work it so that you click on the NEWS part, the news comes up in my text box below, and the same with all of the rest. i would highly appriciate some help! thanks a bunch.
    --mike.
    aim- xincubusx27
    email- mikecav27@earthlink.net
    Last edited by xincubusx27; 10-08-2003 at 11:26 PM.

Since you are just beginning with Flash I would highly suggest that you turn to the lessons that come with the program. These are highly helpful and would allow you to learn all you need to know about the basics in Flash. When you get through those and have a more specific question you would like answered then that would be the time to come ask us for help. Its hard for us to tell you step-by-step instructions on how to create your entire site Not to mention we don't even know what it looks like yet! Thats what I would suggest. That might even solve your button problem, I really don't know why your buttons wouldn't be showing up when you preview it. I've never heard of this happening, whenever I create something and preview it it actually shows up.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but I decided to throw a few suggestions out there for ya,
    Tyouk

Peace - Just in Heaven koolbabs2000's Avatar

Re: new comer to flash, help! please.

Hi !!! I dunno how much it can help ...But lemme give it shot...
    Firstly u create d Flash file and then import the swf in dreamweaver.
    Abt. the flash file : im clueless how ur buttons are not showing up...Have u made the links as buttons ( convert to symbol F8).Then once u got these buttons like news... U add a new keyfram in d timeline and on first frame give instance give action as onClick goto and play say frame 5(i.e if news is in frame5) and so on. Hope it helps...eLse U cand send me d file over....
    :

::::::::: No legacy is as rich s honesty :::::::
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
    - The Mahatma.

this is the file of the site im trying to create. im working with flashmx2004
    Attached Files Attached Files

I tried opening your file, but I'm only using Flash MX (not 2004) so it wouldn't let me open it. Odd. Either way it said unexpected file format so I would assume this has to do with the different versions we are running, sorry I couldn't be of more help.