A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loop Help!

Loop Help!

Hello, I am in need of some help in the area of looping. Ok here is the situation. I have about 10 layers and each having their own animation (ie. motion tween). And I want to know if it is possible to add some type of actionscript to have it where the loop is only applied to a certain layer for 1 animation only. Like when the flash loads, say all 10 animations play, 1 from each layer...but i want to loop the animation from say layer 10 only to loop continuously. Well I hope I explained it well enought to understand. I appreciate your time in helping me. Thanks a lot!
    --CaSpiRE

On the frame you want to loop, select all of the frames, right click and select 'cut frames'. Then create a new movie clip (CTRL + F8) and right click on the timeline and click 'paste frames'. Then on the last frame open up the actions window and type in:

Code:
    gotoAndPlay(1);
    Then back on your main scene, insert that new movie clip into your movie.

Add on

Oh, and I forgot to mention. The layer I want to loop continuously is a animation with about 120 frames with different .jpg's on them. So i dont know if i can like select all the frames and make a movie clip or what. I know if it were only 1 object on the layer I could make it a movie clip symbol, but is that possible for about 120 frames? Im stuck! hehe

hehe

Wow you beat me to my 2nd post. You are fast! I will try that out. Thank you very much!

Ummm?

Hey, I did what you said...but its not only looping inside the movie clip but also back in Scene 1. So all the animations in Scene 1 from frame 1 are looping...What else can I try? Or am I doing something wrong?

I think I got it!

I just added a stop command to the loops in scene 1 on their last layer of the animation. So the movie clip kept goin, but the other animations stopped! HOORAY!

Lol, well done.