A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Inspiration...

Inspiration...

Hey,

I was wondering where do you guys get your more innovative design ideas from....In my case I tend to find that the more I am away from computer, the more likely I am likely to come up with something innovative because my hunger to design increases, and I am not in pressure to force myself to come up with any ideas. Is this the same in your cases?
    http://www.samsonknightdesign.com

My inspiration

I get my inspiration from all around me, i reckon that’s the best way to come up with good working designs for any design outcome, from print to web.

But also I think the way technology is used {in web design that is} is also a factor in the design process. I.e. making websites easy to use and reliable solid information flow from databases. I find the best way to research that is to surf websites such as Flashkit (shameless plug). I've found a lot of ppl here that now far more than I do and that on its own to me can be an inspiration, as it drives me to design better working websites.

I'm still learning as I’m 24.. But the more I do design (from fashion to web) more I try to draw my inspiration from the most random places.

so to sum my self up I’d say, talking to ppl and my environment

Just one more thing.. i recently was in Ibiza and went to old Ibiza town (see attached pic) which I found most inspirational, which lead me to thinking that travelling around would be a good way to broadening my design aspects.

Anyway that’s my 2p any comments welcome, and good post Samsonknight lets get a design chat going

Laters

S

Sorry forgot to post pic

a little too obvious, but definitely magazines... architectures... building plans/blueprints... hm... toy store ... videogames... and although it never dawned to me why, TRON seems to have inspired everyone else, that movie is just downright geeky

mind travels i close my eyes, and start visualizing stuff
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by MAC01
    and although it never dawned to me why, TRON seems to have inspired everyone else, that movie is just downright geeky
    Yeah, I agree - I think the 'graph-paper' squares design used to fill those annoying dead spaces in a site design has become a little cliche these days.

Not that I haven't used it myself from time to time, but I'm not proud of having to resort to such unoriginality.

As for inspiration, I like watching TV and seeing if I can translate the cool animations I see there for use on the web. Quite a challenge sometimes, as the TV guys don't have the constraints of bandwidth to worry about.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

I was wondering do any of you guys have a design style. Like mine is mainly surrealness with a contempory twist.

Corporate Nose-Picker
    Originally posted by samsonknight
    I was wondering do any of you guys have a design style. Like mine is mainly surrealness with a contempory twist.
    Mine is a faux victorian chiaroscuro style, inspired by Goya and Van Gogh. With some hints of Warhol and cubism-inspired kitch.

Sorry, but you were beggin for it.

I don't think i have a consistent style, which is great cause no one will think i used a "template" for my all my client's work. ok beat me to a pulp now for that remark.
    Of course I'm the man for the job! What is the job, by the way?

my style is that which is requested by my clients.

but when doing my own stuff, right now its more simplistic/stylish/"halo"/...mac style. but its always changing. I just say that b/c thats what the most recent version of my portfolio will look like.
    Bill Erickson: resume | portfolio
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

beer..

when I am blocked, I drink a beer.. then I usually kick photoshop's ass..
    ..tween this

Yeah, I agree - I think the 'graph-paper' squares design used to fill those annoying dead spaces in a site design has become a little cliche these days.
    Graph paper style is not dead , it can be used to give an urban feel:

http://www.samsonknightdesign.com/work.html