A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: JavaScript - getURL() vs FS Command?

JavaScript - getURL() vs FS Command?

ok heres the dealio. I have a windows media and a flash piece embeded on a html page. I have functions in java script written out to control the media player piece that i cue from flash buttons. Now the problem is from what i know the getURL method isbest for compatibility for cueing the JS functions however on win2k and xp in IE using the getURL to hit the JS causes the media player to stop regardless the command im calling. U can hear that stupid little audio click that a link was hit but the page doesnt do a refresh or anything. it seesa as if IE reads the getURL(JavaScript:....) as more of a href link than an onClick or so. Fscommand isnt cutting due to the fact it doesnt work across all platforms and such compared to getURL. Any ideas? what would ultimate is a way to get getURL to work in IE without doing its wierd soft refresh link click or whatever its trying - that is inevtably killing the stream. Thanks in advanced for any ideas.

D.

I have the same problem trying to get Flash buttons to control video in Windows Media Player.

Using getURL() causes the video to start again whenever a button is clicked.

Has anyone worked this out?

Thanks in advance.

using FScommand was what I had to do to trigger JS functions that then controll the stream.

d.