A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with testing

Help with testing

I am working on an ongoing (read: endless) series of interactives for students. Each interactive has multiple potential variations (changable via a database form on the backend). We are doing a very inefficient job of testing right now, and I have been toying with the idea of hiring a tester. Does anybody know the best place to look for a good tester and/or some idea of a price range? I have looked on DICE, etc., but am finding few comparable positions to look to.

Thank you for any help!

mullet king
    i work on interactive e-learning software all day long, and often have to do my own testing. I make a chart with everything in the content that needs checking (spelling, buttons, graphics etc) then go through the software.

I could test for you if you like, if you would prefer some external testers?

External tester

I am not opposed to an external tester... could you send me some info? Maybe a sample of a chart you use for testing?

Thanks!

I have priced testing companies before. My client decided not to spend the money and the project failed when they shipped it. I recommend doing it. They will test it on many different machines.

The company I found was www.veritest.com. I am not sure how good they are because we never actually used them but its a start.

I think the prices started at about $3000 for it to be tested on 9 different machines that yoou can choose from a list.

This is their deliverable:

Please refer to the Description of Deliverables appendix for detailed information
    • Project Test Plan or Overview (with first Progress Report)
    • Daily or Bi-Weekly Progress Reports (as required)
    • ‘Bug Scrub’ conference calls
    • Defect database itself (or some exported)
    • Final Report
    Last edited by juxtaflo; 08-09-2004 at 01:49 PM.

I know this is probably not what you are looking for, but for easy testing of websites in different browsers and OS's, I use www.browsercam.com . It just takes a screenshot of the site in all the browsers and OS's you specify.

I've never actually hired someone to do testing of an interactive site, but I've been hired . I tested the Logoyes website, which was tested inhouse.
    Bill Erickson: resume | portfolio
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100