A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help! Short loops making clicking sound on PC.

Help! Short loops making clicking sound on PC.

I have a loop in my Flash movie that is making a clicking noise every time it's going through the loop. There are no sound files in the movie and I tried disabling sound when I publised it, but the clicking is still there. This only occurs on PC browsers not Macs. Anybody had this happen before. Is there a way to stop it?

What kind of loop? A code loop or a tween loop or...?
    The other day, I bought a box of animal crackers. On the side, it said "Do Not Eat if Seal is Broken". I opened the box and sure enough...

A tween loop.

I'm sorry it's not a tween loop. I have an action frame that tells it to go back to a previous frame and play.

I'm not sure. Did post it here in the General Help forum? Are you sure there are no sounds whatsoever in the movie, and if there are, is it attached anywhere?
    The other day, I bought a box of animal crackers. On the side, it said "Do Not Eat if Seal is Broken". I opened the box and sure enough...

Definitely no sound, and even when I disabled sound when publishing, it's still there.

Sounds like you have a stream sound in there somewhere. On the first frame in the main timeline type:

_root.baseSound = newSound()
    _root.baseSound.setVolume(0)

Is the sound still there?

or try this, when you call the goToAndPlay("frame") command where this sound is coming from extend the number of frames, so if it takes up 2 frames now extend it to 20 frames, does the sound get longer, or is it the same click?