A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Plasma to DirectorMX - linear movement

Plasma to DirectorMX - linear movement

Ok, this is real embarassing that I don't know this and have had such a diffulcult time trying to do so, but when I export a .W3D out of plasma everything looks fine animation wise in the preview rotations, linear movement, in groups and single objects, ect... Once imported into Director MX however, even though the individual file preview is still fine, once I try activating the animation sequences in the cast, the stage and Published files only show roational movments and not linear! Both are set up the same way in Plasma. Like I said I appologize for my lack of skill at this level - but I've got to start somewhere. thanks

is there anyway possible I could see a sample of this?

I've been trying to figure out exactly what you mean... do you mean linear as in displacement from point A to point B?

or something else?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Ok... I am embarrased once again to admit I found out my own stupid problem, I have to have restrict to origin off (which would make since why rotation would work and not linear motion), however that brings up another problem as to where the object moving starts at the beginnig of the animation sequence or stops at the end of the animation sequence the first time through beyond the range of its movement (hence if it was to move from x: 1.50 to x: 5.0 it would either start at x: 0 and end at 5.0 or start at x: 1.50 and end at x: 7.0 ....) just the first time it is initialized, and then it resets itself for the proper range the second time it is initiallized in the same session. This would probably create some problems for what I am trying to do for the client I am trying to propose this to.
    But thanks for the initial interest for looking the previous concern over!

lol! it happens to us all. glad you figured it out.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]