A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grrrr ...Congress Expands FBI Spying Power

Originally posted by 1337designs
    No one should have a problem with this new law.. why? Because unless you are a terrorist or do something to make the FBI think you are, they won't be invading your privacy at all..
    people get pissed off because the system is always abused, and removing such checks like authorising these actions internally is only going to increase that.

mr joe schmo driving down the freeway might not be effected by this, but mr joe abdul going about his business might, you don't think racial profiling will a part of the 'probably cause'?

I see no reason to remove the need to sanctions like these with 3rd parties. People regularly get judges out of bed for warrants and authorisations.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Originally posted by aversion

I see no reason to remove the need to sanctions like these with 3rd parties. People regularly get judges out of bed for warrants and authorisations.
    In theory, with today's technology the time it takes to get a warrant could take to long.

However, the FBI had numerous occasions, with intelligence gathered in a more constitutional manner, to stop the 9-11 attacks. But those attacks still happened...
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Nothing sucks like a Hoover.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...NGG53925E1.DTL

Washington -- The FBI has collected extensive information on the tactics, training and organization of antiwar demonstrators and has advised local law enforcement officials to report any suspicious activity at protests to its counterterrorism squads, according to interviews and a confidential bureau memorandum.

The memorandum, which the bureau sent to local law enforcement agencies last month in advance of antiwar demonstrations in Washington and San Francisco, detailed how protesters have sometimes used "training camps" to rehearse for demonstrations, the Internet to raise money, and gas masks to defend against tear gas.
    If you're not with us, you're against us.

*cough* Cointelpro *cough*

Originally posted by TallGuyLittleCar
    However, the FBI had numerous occasions, with intelligence gathered in a more constitutional manner, to stop the 9-11 attacks. But those attacks still happened...
    ...and there's no reason to believe that any other information obtained illegally would have helped either.

With all of the internal bro-ha-ha in the FBI/CIA, and their little territorial squabbles, I doubt much short of a fully detailed plan of attack signed by Bin Laden addressed to both agencies would have had much effect.
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

Re: Nothing sucks like a Hoover.

Originally posted by CNO
    If you're not with us, you're against us.
    talk about fundamentalism.

Originally posted by TallGuyLittleCar
    In theory, with today's technology the time it takes to get a warrant could take to long.
    tecjnology can be made to work on both sides, to get warrants faster.

like in minority report... or something.

more like myopic sensationalism.

if you basically "give" your rights to the government that all of your conversation will be scrutinized 100%, then when will it start to be censored?

and yeah. for you people that think that racial profiling is not a problem, then think again.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

tecjnology can be made to work on both sides, to get warrants faster.

like in minority report... or something.

or the matrix!

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Banned by GMF ™
    FK´s Banning Machine

Racial profiling is just an efficient way to catch terrorists and criminals...

If a bunch of blonde haired blue eyed 6'2" 230 lbs white males started suicide bombing, I'd certainly allow myself to be subject to scrutiny.

Again, nothing to hide!

I think before this conversation heats up a bit, all parties involved should define what they believe racial profiling is.

very true...I was pondering it myself...

funny. people like you hide behind terms like that in clubs with the same three letters usually.

Banned by GMF ™
    FK´s Banning Machine

Originally posted by gerbick
    funny. people like you hide behind terms like that in clubs with the same three letters usually.
    ..... this is immature and childish...

But how you knew that I belong to AAA and my car is a piece of crap is beyond me.

I believe racial profiling is deceptive. here is why... Terrorists are always going to throw you a curve ball, that is a given, so you might be preparing for a past event - not a future one...next thing is, who is going to do the profiling. I know of few people who can tell the difference in between a Saudi, Lebanese, Egyptian or a Greek...But, in truth, there are vast differences in their appearances. Most people are too ignorant of the vast cultures out there and youll get Indians, Pakistanis and Sikhs being prosecuted left and right...So in theory, yes I find it to be a useful tool when dealing with volumes of people, but I distrust it highly in practice...

america has it's share of white bread terrorists too, I'm sure there's 'anti-govt loony' profiling going on too.

Originally posted by marknovak
    But how you knew that I belong to AAA and my car is a piece of crap is beyond me.
    my sister's a fed.

america has it's share of white bread terrorists too, I'm sure there's 'anti-govt loony' profiling going on too.
    Did you hear about the connection between McVeigh and AlQaeda? Apparently McV was married to Filipino woman and visited her hometown a number of times. It was ascertained from Filipino Police that were tailing Ramsi Youssef and McV kept coming up being seen with him..Yousef was the mastermind of the 94 WTC Bombing and is believed to be behind the 911 attacks... McV had basic (infantry based demolitions knowledge while he was in the Army) which is not at all like the bomb(very large ordnance) from Oklahoma...Ramsi Yousef is widely beleived to have given him that extra bombmaking knowledge.

Sorry for going off topic, but thought it was relevant somehow...

Some very good posts here, very knowledgeable you lot are

my little add:

The government can get anything out and from you. There's been people going to prison for over 30 years, then having DNA research come up saying that they weren't guilty. All they get is a "sorry".

The DEA, FBI, and the CIA have been illegally conducting research for the past 60 years, ever since pot was banned in the States. This document just makes their research legal.

actually most of america's terrorist, or at least america's most effective terrorist, are leftists or environmental groups. That is if you don't count cia folks.

so I guess that should be granola terrorists...

granola terrorists. that's the name of my next band.

my stage name... Bran Assassin.