A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: link a movie within movie

link a movie within movie

I saw people doing this. They create a button, and link to animation directly onto the site itself while the animation is located on the other site.

From example, i upload my animation with the button i said just now on testing.com, then i upload my real animation on newsgrounds.com, from testing.com, when i click the button, it link directly to the animation in newsgrounds.com without opening another IE windows or change the screen.

The real example is here.
    http://www.sticksuicide.com/ss/asylum/view.asp?id=3733

Can someone tell me how to do it?

You can use loadMovie to load a swf from another site into your main swf. hers some general info on loadMovie.

There are two ways of loading external files into Flash. Either you can load swf files into _levels or into movieclip targets.

_levels only exist in the Flash player. They are like layers but for swf files The Flash player is like a overhead projector where the plastic films you put on top of each other are like the swf files in the player. There are 16000 available levels

//To load a external swf into a _level from a button. The number 1 being the level to load into.

on(release){
    loadMovieNum("myExternalFile.swf",1);
    }

Movieclip targets are what it sounds like. A empty movieclip placed on the stage just for the purpose of loading a swf file into it. The advantage is that you can place it anywhere, manually ( as opposed to swf's in _levels) and also can control what othe objects shoeld be on top or beneath.

Usually you give the movieclip an instance name of container.

//To load a external swf into a target movieclip from a button ( both being on the main timeline ).

on(release){
    container.loadMovie("myExternalFile.swf");
    }

Note that the external files top left corner will load at the center of the empty movieclip.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Thank you so much...