A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash pages that you can edit and save

Flash pages that you can edit and save

Hello,
    I am trying to make a page for my website that has a gear list for me and my buddies (we are doing some winter mountaineering, and hey, a flasher has to have hobbies as well). I have it in .html but I would like them to be able to update it when they get the gear. Is there any way to have them be able to click a check box or type in something and have it saved? I am up for checkboxes, text fields, or anything- I am at your mercy. Thanks.
    I will post the link, please don't laugh at the site, it is really old and I am working on completley re-doing it. This is one of the parts I would like to have.
    http://www.geocities.com/isaactheout...adventure.html
    Click on the names of the people going. (Erik, Kathy, Ryan and Isaac)
    Thanks!!!
    Live, love, and laugh.

Spidey wants his icon back! Defyeler's Avatar
    You want the info saved locally? or dynamicly(dude that spelling looks wierd.. )

Locally, here is a tutorial on how u can go about it..
    http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/sharedobjects.htm

if remotely say via server, you have to

A. not be on Yahoo.Geocities.........
    B. have a host
    C. serverside scripting either via PHP, ASP or CGI

if its simple, you can just have the serverside script write it to a text file that you can load into a flash UI. if its complicated with alot of data, you need some sort of DBA.. like MySQL or MsSQLII or whatever.
    Its never.. wow kool I like it, its always.. ok I made this.. how can it be better?

Hmm, Ok

Sounds good. I will look at the tute. I think that storing the info in a text area sound good. Eventually I would like to have it be on a server somewhere so I can have it linked to a db- to make it more efficient. Any ideas on tutes for writing to a text file and then calling the info on the text file? Thanks!
    say, where did your username come from?
    Live, love, and laugh.

Spidey wants his icon back! Defyeler's Avatar
    My username? I've had this Username for everything I've ever done since 94'. some old BBS' still have my posts on them.

U know me from somewhere?
    Its never.. wow kool I like it, its always.. ok I made this.. how can it be better?