A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eminem: I'd rather see the president dead.

Eminem: I'd rather see the president dead.

Eminem's president lyric alarms

Dec 08, 2003

Lyrics from a bootleg Eminem recording found on the internet have attracted the attention of the Secret Service.

In "We Are American", one of the bad boys of rap hints at his view of US President George W Bush.

"(Expletive) money, I don't rap for dead presidents. I'd rather see the president dead," Eminem sings.

"Dead presidents" is a common slang term for money, as most bills depict a former president of the United States.

"We are aware of the lyric and are in the process of determining what action, if any, will be taken," Secret Service spokesman John Gill said.

A Secret Service probe is common when something construed as a threat to the president is brought to the attention of agents.

But an Eminem representative told CNN that the song wasn't ready for release.

"This was an unfinished song, either lost or stolen," said Dennis Dennehy, speaking for the Grammy and Academy Award-winning rapper.

There is no indication Eminem okayed the bootleg.
    LOL, does the Secret Service have nothing better to do?

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

actually that is one of their primary duties. There are thousands of secret service and only a few do the actual presidential security detail. The rest of the time they visit lottery winners, track counterfeiters and those that threaten the president...I imagine eminiem is in a world of trouble if the Security service follows through...this should be interesting...

Fredi

Always Twirling Toward Freedom pooon's Avatar
    But know whats strangest about all this. If eminem wasn't white, he'd have a medocre career and no one would make a big deal about racy lyrics.

haha your kidding me?

I want the president dead, but their aren't any secret service after me!

I guess it's because I'm not a millionaire white rapper!

I don't want anyone dead. s'a bit extreme.
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

wow, this is so obviously a genuine threat to the president's life. Your tax dollars hard at work.

why do they visit lottery winners? To ask for handouts?

secret service is part of the treasury dept. and as such, do their bidding. This includes but is not limited to... counterfeit, executive death threats, irs related issues, some internet stuff, securities...

and all threats to the presidents life are taken seriously, so I wouldnt be posting those type of threats too pervasively if you live in the US, or the men in black might pay you a visit soon...
    Last edited by webcorps; 12-08-2003 at 09:27 AM.

I have the solution! Remove those presidents from the money (with white paint of course)

Fredi

this should be interesting...
    If not slightly ammusing.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Banned by GMF ™
    FK´s Banning Machine

Originally posted by aversion
    wow, this is so obviously a genuine threat to the president's life.
    I hope thats not sarcasm.... because it genuinely is

A gangsta white rapper with connections saying he wants the president dead... I'd be offended if the secret service DIDN'T investigate this in some way.
    Last edited by marknovak; 12-08-2003 at 11:07 AM.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    I'd like to see if Eminem has the same attitude he demonstrates in his 'music' when confronted by multiple Secret Service guys with the authority to make his pathetic rap career (and his cash) disappear in a puff of magic smoke.

Free speech is fine, and I support the right 110% (yes, that's 10% more than 100), but I get the impression that this little prick really deserves a red hot lance shoved right where it hurts (which is just about anywhere, I imagine).

If that's what it takes to get the point across, then so be it.
    Last edited by hurricaneone; 12-08-2003 at 11:43 AM.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Originally posted by hurricaneone
    Free speech is fine, and I support the right 110% (yes, that's 10% more than 100)
    If you just stopped writing here, then I could agree with you.

Free Speech is something very important for every song writer, book author and anyone else that has something to say and if you know Eminems song lyrics then you know that he don't want peoples to take anything he says serious, he just wants you to think about it (and make money). If he's lyrics would be something like:

Kill Mr. Bush, he must go
    Kill Mr. Bush, he's the devil
    Go kids, buy a gun and kill him right away
    I tell you, do it
    Yes, that is my will

Then it could be discussed, but:

(Expletive) money, I don't rap for dead presidents. I'd rather see the president dead,

That's a whole different story.

Fredi

Ah, the time-honored American tradition of taking something out of context.

I have no doubt the Secret Service (boy, that sounds ominous) would look into this, just because they have to, and dismiss it faster than you can say "Oswald was a patsy."

Read the lyric, he's saying he doesn't care about money, that he's a rebel, a counter cultural type fellow.

Stupid? Probably. Is Eminem a true rebel? Shah. And monkeys might fly out of my butt.

OK Fredi, I confess - I hate the guy, his pathetic raps and his stuck up bad white boy attitude. His videos make me nauseous and his whiny voice makes me want to chew my own arm off at the elbow.

I don't give a rats ass about whether he made death threats against the president or not. I just hope that he gets that previously mentioned red hot lance treatment. That would just about make my otherwise so-so 2003 into a banner year.

I don't think that an eminent threat from eminem is what the SS is worried about. Think of the nut fans who would do anything the lyrics say in order to 'impress' eminem, or that's what they think they are doing.

ok, I'll ask some questions before I state what I'm really thinking.

Are you people, just the non-Americans, under the impression that you can actually threaten the monarchy of England, or the Prime Minister of your country in a verbal manner and not be have it considered a threat?

Then drop the guards at the Buckingham palace. Do you know it takes one bear pelt to make one of those hats. And it'd destroyed if it ever gets wet? What a waste.

In the US, it's law that all threats to the Commander in Chief, our president, are taken as serious for no other reason than just that; it's a code that's enforced by the Secret Service.

Just the same way you can't shout out "FIRE" in a plane or public place, and there's not one there. You still maintain your freedom of speech, it's not censorship. For Jebus sake, it's just called being sensible. I'm not going to go to jail for saying that in a few conversations at my home.

That would be idiotic and paranoid. I subscribe to neither nor do I believe that I should go around threatening people just for the hell of it either. Including the president.

But in this case, you're talking about some person that's been known to just say anything and everything he can for attention and shock value. If he believes it, fine. That's just him. It's not like he's anything other than an entertainer looking for his next record sale.

Subway, this thread is disgusting in my opinion for no other reason you've done everything in your ability to post nothing but sensationalistic journalism and articles, despite it's subject matter.

I say that as a member, and not as a mod versus another mod, btw.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Originally posted by yasunobu13
    I don't think that an eminent threat from eminem is what the SS is worried about.

hmmmm a funny coincidence....

Subway, have you considered seeing a professional about your obsession with GW, America, Sony, and Apple?
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Originally posted by gerbick
    ok, I'll ask some questions before I state what I'm really thinking.

Are you people, just the non-Americans, under the impression that you can actually threaten the monarchy of England, or the Prime Minister of your country in a verbal manner and not be have it considered a threat?

Then drop the guards at the Buckingham palace. Do you know it takes one bear pelt to make one of those hats. And it'd destroyed if it ever gets wet? What a waste.
    Sure, I couldn't recommend publicly announcing that you'd like to see either the Queen or Tony dead. I'm sure MI5 would want a word or two, if nothing more. A threat of that sort against the monarchy might even be considered treason, still the only crime in the UK punishable by death.

Though what that has to do with bearskin hats, I'm afraid I'm not quite aware. You do know that they only wear those hats for ceremonial occassions, right? It's not like they go off to war with them tucked in their packs.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    I believe they are no longer issuing real bearskins, but instead have switched to a synthetic.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.