A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eminem: I'd rather see the president dead.

Originally posted by aversion
    I still want to know why they send the secret service round to lottery winners :|
    taxes..

Originally posted by marknovak
    Hey, wow, most idiotic thing I've read all day
    hahahaha LMFAO, i think so.

There have been a lot of good points made in this thread. I agree that this threat isn't serious, and while the secret service will take it seriously, just as any other threat, nothing will come about it. Eminem is not going to kill the president just like Ice-T didn't go blasting an AK-47 at police officers after his song "Cop Killer". However, it IS illegal to murder someone, and some common sense needs to be employed, as has been said. While we do have free speech, if I run around a mall yelling "I'm love to kill!", I shouldn't be surprised if mall security takes a special interest in me.

Aversion, I agree that this particular thread subject isn't anti-american. But I think people should realize that these threads usually take the same course. Someone says something and it triggers a reaction from someone etc. I think what some are complaining about is that it's just the general feeling around here. You can count on Subway to post something U.S. related, anti-Microsoft, anti-XBox etc... and you can count on the fact that it's never going to paint the U.S.in a good light. So why are people surprised when people come to the defense or counter argue these articles? Because it gets annoying when people can't seem to read past media hype and sensationalism.

It gets to the point where some Americans want to say, "Hey, look at yourselves for once." Focus on your own problems, which are plenty. And people suger coat it and say they do... but they don't. They're out there protesting Bush in droves when they really should be focusing their efforts on protesting their own Prime Minister. No wonder why Blair is still in power, excercising his madate, with the majority of the UK disagreeing with his actions in Iraq.

Subway, how has the U.S. directly hurt Swizterland? Just curious. And since you asked, have you ever considered how the Swiss open banking system has effected the world? How has it kept criminals in power? Have Swiss bank accounts ever funded the world's most notorious Coke Barons like... Pablo Escobar? What kind of effect does that have on the world? And while I love the UK and it's people, I find it odd how often they complain of American "Imperialism", as if they weren't the ones who once defined the term. It's as if Americans are somehow excercising a type of leadership never seen on earth before. A lot of people in the U.S. couldn't care less what people in other countries think of them. But I do, and I think others here do.

Originally posted by marknovak
    Hey, wow, most idiotic thing I've read all day
    I knew you didn't read your own posts after posting. Thanks for confirming.

Originally posted by aversion
    I still want to know why they send the secret service round to lottery winners :|
    Originally posted by Hellsbellboy
    taxes..
    It's for protection, from all those distant relatives who start calling up and showing up at your house looking for handouts.

Originally posted by Visionray
    It's for protection, from all those distant relatives who start calling up and showing up at your house looking for handouts.
    not trying to be funny... but are you joking? I joked about that was the possible reason when I asked around this morning because I just didn't know that they even sent out the Secret Service to lottery winners anyway.

would be weird if my joke was right.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Where is this anti-america? I've seen some people post anti-Bush stuff, but I would consider it an opinion with someone else usually defending bush.

anyway, last I heard, it is a criminal offense to threaten someone, it is considered "Harassing Communication" and it applies if the person is the president or not. This could be considered a threat and should be looked into. Imagine someone writing a song about killing you, I wouldn't mind it being investigated if someone mentioned killing me.

I still want to know whether the bear drinks Earl Grey or English Breakfast.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

yasunobu, and others... who said anti-american?

eminem better hope nothing happens to the president, lol.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

@ gerbs

Originally posted by RebbelX
    All this bashing on america that ive seen on this board since i started visiting again has discusted me. I thought these boards would be unbiased towards issues such as that le it used to be in the old days, but i guess i was wrong. Im dissapointed in all of yall.
    so he never actually said "anti-american" but it seems intended from "bashing on america"

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    ...I feel that saying "I'd rather see the president dead" is not quite the threat that it seems to be perceived here by some.

He didn't actually say - "I am going to kill the president" or "I want you to go and kill the president" or "someone should go and kill the president".

He did not actually threaten anyone.....

If you just add "than me" to the end of the line "I'd rather see the president dead" ....it becomes a totally different statement.

david p.
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

if you add ", really" on to the end of his statement, it changes it. That's not the point.

Rebbel: All nationalities are going to be made fun of/persecuted at some point on FK. You can't tell people not to have an opinion. They just need to learn not to be mean/cruel/purposfully nasty when stating it.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.

Originally posted by gerbick
    yasunobu, and others... who said anti-american?
    I guess a lot of antiamerican songs (i've heard a lot here in latinamerica, from the "f*ck the gringos" to the "kill em all" songs) would be a real threat as they'd lead the people to terrorist acts and would make people kill every gringo they see on the street.
    did i say antiamerican?

anyway, you have to stay in context, i was talking about antiamerican songs!
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

not trying to be funny... but are you joking? I joked about that was the possible reason when I asked around this morning because I just didn't know that they even sent out the Secret Service to lottery winners anyway.

would be weird if my joke was right.
    yea I was joking. I've honestly never heard of secret service agents going to lottery winners, but I guess if they do it's for tax purposes. Not sure why they would need SS agents though and not just some regular IRS guy.

When I win the lottery, the first thing I'm buying is a gun. The second is a nuclear submarine.

Originally posted by Visionray
    Subway, how has the U.S. directly hurt Swizterland? Just curious. And since you asked, have you ever considered how the Swiss open banking system has effected the world? How has it kept criminals in power? Have Swiss bank accounts ever funded the world's most notorious Coke Barons like... Pablo Escobar? What kind of effect does that have on the world? And while I love the UK and it's people, I find it odd how often they complain of American "Imperialism", as if they weren't the ones who once defined the term. It's as if Americans are somehow excercising a type of leadership never seen on earth before. A lot of people in the U.S. couldn't care less what people in other countries think of them. But I do, and I think others here do.
    We lost 0:1 against the US hockey team.

No seriously, what comes up a lot when Switzerland is mentioned is what we did during the WWC II. It would be to much to explain everything, so I just post a very good book about it (written by an US intelligence adviser in the U.S. Senate).

Between the Alps & A hard Place: Switzerland in World II and Moral Blackmail Today

In Between the Alps and a Hard Place, Professor Angelo M. Codevilla reveals how the true history of the Swiss in World War II has been buried beneath a modern campaign of moral blackmail that has accused Switzerland of secretly supporting Nazi Germany and sharing culpability for the Holocaust. Codevilla—who practiced real-life, hardball foreign policy as an intelligence adviser in the U.S. Senate—offers a primer on the realities of power politics, using the Swiss experience in World War II to illuminate the workings of the balance of power, military deterrence, economic leverage, and subversion.

But more, he exposes how current American leaders are ignoring the realities of international affairs by putting domestic politics and political payoffs ahead of the national interest.

In the context of World War II, Codevilla shows how tiny Switzerland successfully fended off an Axis war machine thirty times its strength and simultaneously made itself available as a lifeboat to Jewish and other ethnic refugees. The Swiss recognized that military power is the foundation of international relations, and they deterred a Nazi invasion by keeping their country more valuable to the Germans as a free nation than as a conquered one.

Codevilla documents how the anti-Swiss campaign offered no evidence for its shocking claims but still managed to shake down two of the largest banks of a friendly power for $1.25 billion. The campaign set a terrible precedent, whereby a powerful domestic interest group—and major donor to the Clinton-Gore administration—harnessed the power of the U.S. government to grossly distort history and secure a financial windfall. In the process, the larger interests of the United States were subverted for the sake of a favorite domestic constituency of the ruling party.

Between the Alps and a Hard Place is both thrilling World War II history and an exposé of the shameful selling of historical truth and American foreign policy for political gain.

Angelo M. Codevilla is a professor of international relations at Boston University. He has been a U.S. Naval officer, a U.S. Foreign Service officer, a senior staff member of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, and a senior research fellow at Stanford University’s Hoover Institution. His books include Informing Statecraft, War: Ends and Means (with Paul Seabury), and The Character of Nations. He lives in Dubois, Wyoming, and Wayland, Massachusetts.
    In my opinion, the swiss bank system should be changed now, because the situation is completly different. It was a good solution during WWC II, but not now, but I life in a democracy and the swiss population has voted for the current bank system and I have to accept that for now.

One of the last attacks from the US against the swiss politics was that we to much save our own interestst. But problem is that most they want have changed here are things of their own interest and not our interest or even the worlds interest (I'm not talking about the bank system right now). I'm sure you see the problem here, we have to find a way that both countries can be happy about it and that could only be achieved if we meet at the middle, but that seems to be out of question for the US.

Actually they did try to extort us with not letting us export weapon and other technology to the US durind the Iraq war as an example. Really funny as most parties in Switzerland wwhere clearly against the war.

An other thread is the whole spy thing. With Echelon they clearly spy on us and we can't and are not allowed to spy on them. I'm not up to date about that, which companies lost contracts do to this spy attacks, but if you do a search on the net, you will find some.

So much for now.

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

echelon is based in the UK.

that story, poppycock. the switzerland banks had to be sued to be persuaded to give the stolen gold back to the jewish descendents of the holocaust. the enemy wasn't the allied forces you were "fighting back", it was the stolen gold and money from the nazi forced.

a hard place. yeah right. hard to give up the money that was laundered through that banking system.

more sensationlistic journalism, subway.

echelon is based in the UK.
    And Germany. Ya know, Germany is very close to us.

Have a look: http://www.cyber-rights.org/intercep...on/echelon.jpg

Fredi

Edit:

Swiss antennas for Echelon_?

According to Dimanche, Swisscom, a Swiss telecom provider, has sold part of its strategic equipment to an US company. The company is said to have ties with the NSA.

Dimanche indicated that the parabolic aerials of Swisscom installed in Loeche (Valais), and those of seven other stations in Geneva, Basle and Zurich, are part of a deal between the Swiss operator and the US company Verestar, which belongs to the American Tower Corporation (Boston) group. Verestar is specialized in telecom and wireless networks. It has a contract with the US Navy.

Swisscom was formerly owned by the state and is now partly privately owned. A group of Swiss senators and the Federal Department of Defense were not informed of the sale of the aerials, although the sale could have effects on the country's security. The senators were "surprised and irritated".

The American and British observers consulted by the authors of the investigation confirm that Verestar is a kind of front of the NSA for the acquisition of satellite reception bases - it has a ten of them around the world, and roughly 160 stations of smaller importance.

Dimanche points out that the Swiss Confederation has developed its own listening system, code name 'Satos 3', which plans to deploy parabolic aerials to listen to communications outside of its borders.Some of the aerials will be installed in Loeche, close to the Verestar antennas. One of the consulted observers suspects that Satos 3 could be one of the new elements of Echelon.
    http://www.cvni.net/radio/nsnl/nsnl32news.html
    Last edited by Subway; 12-09-2003 at 05:11 AM.

Found this on an anti war site about terrorism:

First of all, stop the hysteria. Stand back and ask how this could have happened. Ask how a prosperous country isolated by two oceans could have so embroiled itself in other people's business that someone would want to do us harm. Even sitting in the middle of Europe, Switzerland isn't beset by terrorist attacks, because the Swiss mind their own business.
    I think there's a lot of truth in this. If you think that the whole world is your business, then you have to accept that the whole world is made up of different ideals and opinions and trying to bring them one ideal, your ideal, will end up in a problem, because that ideal is not what those countries think should be their ideals.

Fredi