A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eminem: I'd rather see the president dead.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by TallGuyLittleCar
    I believe they are no longer issuing real bearskins, but instead have switched to a synthetic.
    I wouldn't doubt that at all.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Originally posted by hurricaneone
    Though what that has to do with bearskin hats, I'm afraid I'm not quite aware. You do know that they only wear those hats for ceremonial occassions, right? It's not like they go off to war with them tucked in their packs.
    that was just a counter point pertaining the "tax dollars wasted" sentiment from earlier as well.

ok, I really want one too

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Originally posted by gerbick
    that was just a counter point pertaining the "tax dollars wasted" sentiment from earlier as well.
    Ah, didn't catch that.

As for you wanting one, I don't remember seeing them on offer on Oxford St with all the other assorted tat, but if I do, I'll be sure to keep you in mind next time I'm there.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar

ok, I really want one too
    When wearing an animal fur hat its customary to kill the animal yourself with your own bare hands.

Kinda of makes danial boone with his racoon skin cap look like a wuss next to the guards huh
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Black bear vs. The Gerbinator.

And the winner is...

Originally posted by TallGuyLittleCar
    Subway, have you considered seeing a professional about your obsession with GW, America, Sony, and Apple?
    Ok, first, I love America as a country and I have nothing against them in general. I just have a different opinion of some of the laws and persons that seam to be accepted there (kinda). You could say I should not care, but as a person living on planet earth I can care whenever I like. If companies from the US or even the law makers do something that directly hurts my country (or me) then I can show my opinion.

Why the US and not a country like China or Australia? Why Bush and not Castro or Putin? Because that's what my friends and peoples here in Switzerland are talking about. Could be that this is not fair, but if the US wants to be the world leader, then they will need to take care about the world and even the opinion of a small country like Switzerland.

If a company or person from my country is doing something that hurts you or your country, then feel free to post it or even contact me. I'm not 100% behind everything that my country is doing and I'm sure that's the case for most persons on this planet.

I wish that it someday will be possible to have a global community without bounderies, but with different coultures, but that's a really optimistic wish.

So much for now.

@gerbick: If you think this thread is disgusting then this is your opinion and I accept that, but I don't agree at all.
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

Originally posted by Subway
    ...and even the opinion of a small country like Switzerland.
    Small country.

Big banks.

I'm sure people take notice of Switzerland.

Are you people, just the non-Americans, under the impression that you can actually threaten the monarchy of England, or the Prime Minister of your country in a verbal manner and not be have it considered a threat?
    in a situation like this eminem one? No one would do anything.

There are wild bears in the UK?

Originally posted by PAlexC
    several.

No more wild bears.

Now we have refined, civilized bears that take tea at four and say
    'please' and 'thank you'.

man, what if eminem would write "we should kill castro"? would that be treated as an offense?

there's actually a song called "matar a Castro" (killing castro) written by Hombres G, a popular spanish group in the 80's and still popular for its romantic songs anyway.

But I fail to see the threat here. You mean that one american writing a song in which he declares he'd like to see the president dead, but having a whoooooole context around so it may mean something a little deeper than that. If writing is a threat, I guess a lot of antiamerican songs (i've heard a lot here in latinamerica, from the "f*ck the gringos" to the "kill em all" songs) would be a real threat as they'd lead the people to terrorist acts and would make people kill every gringo they see on the street. Now that is dumb, that can't happen, music is a way of expression, not a hipnotical way of influence people to kill somebody.

Yes there's people that kill themselves and write in their goodbye song "i did this as i heard in that song by Aerosmith"....but those people kinda have psychological problems.

I dunno man, everybody hates our president here in ecuador, but still, he can go out (with a few security guys yeah, but still) to do some jogging, and that won't be a problem. I remember 6 years ago me and some friends were like 10 meters away from the president, he was walking around at his home town (a beach town ). A year later i was in the vicepresident's daughter's birthday party (i worked with my neighbor doing chilren parties) and i don't recall having our bags checked, or him having security guys around at all. I guess it's kinda sad when the society itself can't be trusted anymore that even music is considered a threat. I think it's sad that the guy that leads the country's destiny (kinda) has to be isolated from the people he leads. I know it's a big risk to let the president go to McDonald's without a security group around, but then again, what makes them so afraid that even a song is a threat?

So, americans can burn their flag, but they cannot say they'd rather see the president death? burning the flag isn't something much more offensive, stating they want to burn everything USA means to them, burn democracy and go into anarchism.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

FK Teletubbie Crew !
    why does everyone think that if America wants to be the superpower in the world that everyone has to like them. Thats just never going to happen. and not to sound like a dick or anything i dont think america realy cares, just because the simple fact its IMPOSSIBLE to have everyone like you and agree with you. Alot of these articles that have been posted with people sayen only in america. Well all of that isnt bad like the lady that ran over the McDonalds manager. All of those little events are a price to pay for freedom and a price to pay so that we can have the great lives we have. This thing with the secret service it isnt trampling on your free speech its just common sence dont say you want to kill the damn president because its a threat not an opinion. All this bashing on america that ive seen on this board since i started visiting again has discusted me. I thought these boards would be unbiased towards issues such as that le it used to be in the old days, but i guess i was wrong. Im dissapointed in all of yall.
    (A man can have a dream but only a strong man has the will to follow that dream. )
    -Jon-

Originally posted by RebbelX
    why does everyone think that if America wants to be the superpower in the world that everyone has to like them. Thats just never going to happen. and not to sound like a dick or anything i dont think america realy cares, just because the simple fact its IMPOSSIBLE to have everyone like you and agree with you. Alot of these articles that have been posted with people sayen only in america. Well all of that isnt bad like the lady that ran over the McDonalds manager. All of those little events are a price to pay for freedom and a price to pay so that we can have the great lives we have. This thing with the secret service it isnt trampling on your free speech its just common sence dont say you want to kill the damn president because its a threat not an opinion. All this bashing on america that ive seen on this board since i started visiting again has discusted me. I thought these boards would be unbiased towards issues such as that le it used to be in the old days, but i guess i was wrong. Im dissapointed in all of yall.
    I'm sorry if you see it as that, I don't really see anyone here being anti-american in the sense you're taking it, people are always going to see more of these kind of stories about america than anywhere else (though I'm sure similar things happen) because it's so large and the media is so pervasive.

I don't see this post as being any different to the one about the guy jumping a remote control car over a house. Sure some people find it funny that the secret service would investigate eminem saying something like that in a song but just because we find it amusing or a bit odd doesn't make anyone anti-american.

If you think it does that's your right, it's not just about freedom, there are other countries in the world with as much if not freer societies than yours or mine, it is about the media, the internet and how these stories get around. I find it amusing that people in austria wear leidehosen but that doesn't make me anti-austrian.

Either way, sorry you have that impression, I understand that americans might be sensitive about their image at the moment but I honestly don't think finding this story amusing is anti-american.

:|

Originally posted by argonauta
    So, americans can burn their flag, but they cannot say they'd rather see the president death? burning the flag isn't something much more offensive, stating they want to burn everything USA means to them, burn democracy and go into anarchism.
    They're not banning the song. They're just investigating it. The Secret Service takes these things VERY seriously, almost too seriously. But it's their job.

It'll all blow over. Once they see it's artistic expression and he explains it, they'll leave him alone.

The only possible case they have is that it could incite some nutjob to do something, but I doubt that'll even come up.

NOFX had a song called "Murder the Government" on an album that came out a few years ago. No one said peep. They were never investigated.

This is probably more about his celebrity than anything else, and the Bush administration doesn't take kindly to public criticism. There's an election year coming up and Clinton showed us how important young voters are. They just want to give him a black eye.

It'll all blow over. Once they see it's artistic expression and he explains it, they'll leave him alone.
    So there'll be no red hot pokers being shoved anywhere around his person?

*walks away, depressed again*

Originally posted by argonauta
    "i did this as i heard in that song by Aerosmith"
    Aerosmith has a song titled "Eat the Rich". Right now, no one is much richer than the Haliburton Whores running this country. Therefore, it must be implied that Steven Tyler (and his desire to consume those reveling in the recent round of tax cuts) is an immediate threat to the President of the United States.

Swarm! Swarm!

Banned by GMF ™
    FK´s Banning Machine

Originally posted by CNO
    Aerosmith has a song titled "Eat the Rich". Right now, no one is much richer than the Haliburton Whores running this country. Therefore, it must be implied that Steven Tyler (and his desire to consume those reveling in the recent round of tax cuts) is an immediate threat to the President of the United States.
    Hey, wow, most idiotic thing I've read all day

hehe u guys crack me up.. what do u think their going to hall M&M down to the local Security Service office and beat the crap out of him or something.. This whole story sounds more like a publicity stunt then anything else..

I still want to know why they send the secret service round to lottery winners :|