A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash and PDAs

Flash and PDAs

Need help. I have built a flash 5-based website for a client. The client now wants the site to work on a PDA. I have zero experience at this. Is this possible?

What are all the ins and outs (compatiblity issues, etc.)?

Are there any websites out there that can help me out?

--

Flashtrash

1stly, find out what type of OS his Pocket PC or PDA uses, thats quite important in knowing hardware limitations. A nice flash anim that takes a lot of cpu power, will merely make your pda flash anim to slow, so you have to keep in mind, memory & cpu usage. Remember, PDA's & pocket PCs havae processors that are the equivalent of 100-300 mhz processors. So I guess be weary of that, aswell, each device has it's screen dimensions, so try using the supplied Macromedia flash templates for mobile devices and get used to a limited amount of space to work with.

Lastly, you have to find out which devices are more compatible with Flash, I've noticed that Pocket PC and certain PDA's are leading, and either have versions of flash lite or flash 5 ! My cousins in Japan are enjoying these new 4g cell-phones that are FLASH ENABLED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    consultant / contractor / designer

consultant / contractor / designer