A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash: Use Device Font - MAC

Flash: Use Device Font - MAC

If you choose USE DEVICE FONT in flash and used Arial, for example, on a PC it uses Arial. On a MAC it uses what looks like a times new roman style font. Is there a way to use device fonts and make the mac use helvetica?

Arial is pretty standard on Macs these days, so it should use that. I'm not sure how to force it though...anyone?
    Sam

i set it to use the _sans and its working like a champ. In fact, I didnt even have to check the Use Device Font checkbox to get it clear on both pc and mac.

kerning

hi there

i've had the exact same problem with mac os x and arial as a device font. however if i use _sans the horizontal letter spacing doesn't look even (there are much larger gaps between some letters). does anyone know a good solution for this?

Hey dovegrey,

I have the same problem than you (older posts are dated from 2000 & 2001, so maybe they're not that revelant with our problem), did you find any interesting way to manage it ?

Important fact, it only happens on OSX since Tiger (Panther display is fine, Leopard is not).