A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: zfort.com - by ???

i agree the portfolio is lacking but THEIR site is really nice
    www.Southshoregraphics.com
    Web Design > Flash > Logos > Vector
    Amazing Web Hosting

Originally posted by big_k
    yeah, a little too cluttered but very nice... anyoe notice that even the scrollbars for the page are in flash?
    Sorry for waking up this ancient thread - I would just like to hear if anyone knows how they did that ?...make the scrollbars in flash I mean. You can see the scroll-area (if thats what its called) is transparent if you resize.

Double post

At the top of the EDIT page there is a delete post option
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

2advanced's new competitor
    my msn : meilind4@hotmail.com

Oh my...
    This site is so cool I din even know you can adjust the brightness, color theme, and animation settings.

And ya, that scroll bar thingy too...

Edit: I'm guessing, for the scroll bar - all you have to do is hide the default scrollbar with javascript and then create your own customized one with Flash?
    Last edited by dan1st; 08-03-2004 at 03:08 AM.

Enviably accomplished but who cares about this kinda stuff anymore - seen it a thousand times. Isn't 2A to blame for this?
    If it ain't broke - break it!

Average user will not even visit 1 link of this site i think. The layout had too much graphics and the content was extremely small. Window upon window layout ...

Graphics and sounds were cool but the site itself as a whole does not qualify in my opinion and yet it has won several known awards go figure !

Originally posted by Johnny Shiro
    Average user will not even visit 1 link of this site i think. The layout had too much graphics and the content was extremely small. Window upon window layout ...

Graphics and sounds were cool but the site itself as a whole does not qualify in my opinion and yet it has won several known awards go figure !

its called connections......oh and btw someone hit it right on the nose "Too much going on at once - processor intensive, sensory overload"

Just beause they have the techy blue scheme, "ambient sound" with miniature thumbnails doesnt mean its cool.
    Last edited by junior_ab; 08-05-2004 at 08:48 PM.

omg where is villain2 when you need him

I'm here "sense".

You and Johnny S. are ... I'm not going into it ...

Johnny is surprised it's won a ton of awards ... well, like I've been saying, some sites are appealing for their look, others for navigation, and yet others for both. It can't always be one way. You know, there may eventually be a day when people get smart enought to learn how to program their vcr's, read the fine print in contracts and navigate websites that have *gasp* graphics in them.

However ...

This site is cool but it's cluttered. Too much stuff on the page. It doesn't work at all for navigation because there is no direction, but it does have a great look to it.
    Last edited by villain2; 08-06-2004 at 09:03 AM.

i don't get this one. to me, it's a reverse monet.

up close, lots of great details, but as a whole it's cluttered and monotone.

this is definitely one of my favorites...the color/brightness settings, the transitions, and the graphics.

and something no one's even mentioned yet... every time you go to the site, there's a different 3D animation. Sometimes it's the fan, other times it's this cannon, sometimes the logo reflecting.

Amazing... obviously not a great site for displaying content though. Few 100% flash sites are, imo.
    "Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did."
    - Mark Twain

Amazing... obviously not a great site for displaying content though. Few 100% flash sites are, imo.
    Allow me to show you one that does.

Click Here

holy sh*t

Aside from being able to copy/paste text, or bookmark specific pages, that feels just like an HTML site. Very impressive.

Thanks
    "Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did."
    - Mark Twain

its hot.. but i think this is all people can do... no one can think higher.
    .soul

I've read a lot of people say that about sites like these, but none of them really provide any examples of what they're talking about.

It's a site for showing off your design skill...it's not supposed to revolutionize e-commerce or search engines. What are you guys hoping for exactly?
    - Mark Twain

Originally posted by Off Top
    I've read a lot of people say that about sites like these, but none of them really provide any examples of what they're talking about.

It's a site for showing off your design skill...it's not supposed to revolutionize e-commerce or search engines. What are you guys hoping for exactly?
    of course thats what the site is for. duh... why do you think it was made?

This is a 'cool sites' area on a Flash design message board. The program 'Flash' have been givin reviews such as "there are no limits now with webdesing, endless possibility.." bla bla bla... Sites are gettin a bit too papercut out, repeating themselves.. people come here 'expecting' and hoping for influential design.

think before u speak.
    .soul

Cool sites is more about the "art" of web design and not so much about the functionality.

The sites here are mostly entertainment related.

Perhaps a new forum for usability??

Originally posted by Dave1983
    of course thats what the site is for. duh... why do you think it was made?

This is a 'cool sites' area on a Flash design message board. The program 'Flash' have been givin reviews such as "there are no limits now with webdesing, endless possibility.." bla bla bla... Sites are gettin a bit too papercut out, repeating themselves.. people come here 'expecting' and hoping for influential design.

think before u speak.
    Nice little rant, but you didn't answer my question at all. This is a cool site, posted in the cool sites section, you agree it's "hot." Yet, your comment is implying it's missing something, without specifying what or giving an example of what you're talking about.

think before you reply
    - Mark Twain