A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swimsuit Model Website - LIVE

Swimsuit Model Website - LIVE

Hi, I just wanted to get some feedback on a website I have just completed. The address is http://www.suzie.gidjet.com

Thankyou

hmmm... where do you want the feedback on? the girl, or the site... :P

they both are looking really fine! no complicated menu on the site, nice layout... Good job!

where do you get those assignments...?
    i want to do something like that!

he surfdude watch out for your girlfriend

I think that the site layout and design fit the subject matter quite nicely and visa-versa. What a lucky project to have to work on. Poor you. LOL
    Kerry

A pessimist complains about the wind;
    an optimist expects the wind to change;
    a leader adjusts his sails.

(anonymous)
    info@bizmoxsystems.com
    http://www.bizmox-systems.com

good site.... actually very good site... i would have never gotten that site done do to all the droolling...

I like the color scheme. The text is blurry at places (ex contact) The squares with the content animations can be smoother

I would like to stay on Suzie's skills that you could adjust.
    Special Skills :Singing , dancing , activity (what sort?) , speech (really? she can also talk? thats a bonus for a model right?) , academics (molecular epidemiology on the weekends and forensic linguistics on mondays and tuesdays?), modeling , confidences (what is A confidence?), style (hey! is she implying we dont all have our own style?) , grace ( another noun for a skill?)

anyway, well done looks good
    Do you handball?
    http://www.stellios.co.uk/handball.htm

will eat you alive
    Wow (the site, not the bird!). You have totally nailed the colour scheme for this.

Add to that the subtle 'blend' transitions as opposed to the take-your-face-off testosterone charged efforts I'm used to seeing and you have a real winner.

I'm really impressed by this.
    What a lucky project to have to work on. Poor you.
    Yeah, my heart bleeds for him!

Tell me, does she have any friends that need websites designing, do you know?

Thank you for all your input. My motivation behind the site was to develop something unique and employ soft gentle colors and effects straying away from as telekin mentioned the ever too common 'testostone charged' effects.

I also would like to thank Stellios for your input; I was so caught up on other projects I forgot to tidy up the associated txt file with all the details in it. Hey I guess I made your day being able to sledge someone…

If you have ideas I may incorporate to promote this site I’m open to all suggestions.

Ps. Projects like this are out there it’s only a matter of getting a gorgeous girlfriend and twisting her arm to allow you to make a website. My intention was to provide a means of promoting her hopefully allowing her to get noticed by a large model agency, along with giving me a lot of brownie points.

Please keep the feedback rolling...
    cheers

NO POP UPS

All pretty nice - especially the layout and colour scheme.

BUT.......

Absolutely HATE HATE HATE the javascript pop ups. You are using flash across the whole screen - why wouldn't you just pop those things up in flash itself and load the jpeg dynamically? It's like going 95 yds in the 100 yd dash.

All in all, very nice, but work on those pop ups.

RH
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

You rasie a good point hanratty21...
    Absolutely HATE HATE HATE the javascript pop ups. You are using flash across the whole screen - why wouldn't you just pop those things up in flash itself and load the jpeg dynamically? It's like going 95 yds in the 100 yd dash
    There however is a good reason behind employing the madness of JavaScript popups for this project. I decided to use those as a user can open multiple windows and compare / review the images, compared to only having one image displayed at a time.
    Cheers

well, i'd say that you ought to change the font you used in your preloader. it's kinda blurry..

otherwise, things are good.
    Flash MX + ASP + WinXP Pro
    Now Learning PHP & MySQL

RIDER
    looks very good, I like the colors you have used, with the text I would have gone a bit darker for the old fellas who need glasses.

Also remove the arrows when no scrolling is needed....but hey
    site is done, works and looks good.

Model can't complain she should become a bit more popular now.
    NICE! ****
    Last edited by coolmilo; 01-13-2004 at 09:32 PM.
    take it or leave it

pictures

The gallery is annoying, or rather having to open a new window for every pic is...

I had to look at your site again, I really admire the color scheme you have chosen, and the site is very well laid out and smooth.

There are several photo's of the model I think you should re look at using, they pretty much all have one thing in common, her top (swim suit, lingerie) is not properlly on in several of them, squishing her chest and making her look less than she is.

There is a low angle shot as well that is not so flattering either, makes her body proportions seem off.

I know your work is not the photo's but, you are building the page where she is supposed to look her absolute best, and I think these few photo's really detract from the rest of the site, and let down the model herself. Consider asking her or the client to review these photo's.

Later

AK
    Last edited by skitzofrantic; 01-14-2004 at 01:54 AM.
    Yeah Yeah, It was someone
    else... I swear I didn't do it, and that goes for me too!

marks out of 10? I'd give her one!