A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Corel Bryce

Corel Bryce

Anyone know where I can get a free trial of bryce?

just checked corel.com... all I see are the Bryce 5.01 downloads/updates.

however, ever heard of Terragen?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

cheers

but I went on corel and they only have updates for download, I could do with the full package (trial version) thought there maybe one knockin around somewhere. not heard of Terragen, will check it out though

cheers

B

www.log2e.com
    What kind of 3d objects/scenes/animations would you like to do? In my opinion learning Bryce is a waste of time. There are no real modeling tools, the texture editor is more than cryptic and the render engine is the slowest I've ever seen.

Have a look at the Bryce gallery on http://www.renderosity.com. You will notice that the images look all very similar (not to say the same). Why? Because of the very limited capabilities of this software.

True, Bryce doesn't cost a fortune. But it's not even worth the low price.

Just my thoughts. If you find a trial version, good, make your own experience. But I guess you will be disappointed.

Stefan
    www.log2e.com
    Everybody else is just green.

" Lets Rock ! ....... " NitroCharged's Avatar
    I beg to differ with those last comments.
    I think it should have been phrased - "the software did not suit my own particular needs".
    Bryce is primarily for lanscape work. If you need a landscape with a model dumped in it (import)... Bryce is one of several neat s/w packages to do it.
    I just got another job out of the blue because of a background image I did with Bryce on one of my sites. The client loved it and signed me up for work - so to me it is defintitely not a waste of time to have or learn, as this is the umteen project I will do requiring the use of Bryce in my image creation process.

I would agree that Bryce is the last thing I would recommend for modelling as I have never understood the amount of work required to get even the simple stuff done - hence why I create in Max and import into the lansdscape scene.