A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Should I get 3dfa?

Should I get 3dfa?

I've had basic experience in Gif animating and I'm not really aiming for a really really cool animation. I'm just looking for a program I can do stuff like stick figure animations. so is 3dfa good for me?

sure

Yes, 3DFA would carry the load of making Shockwave Flash stick-figure animations quite nicely. If you're just looking to make a gif animation though, 3dfa might not be for you. It has a powerful flash creator but while you CAN export to gif, I've never really had a great experience with that.

So, if you want to make just stick figure flash movies then 3dfa is perfect for you. It's at a good price and even though you may not be at a stage where you want to make cool animations now, with this program you'll be able to later on down the road. In fact, if you have time and want to give the program a wirl, you can have a free 7 day trial at:
    www.3dfa.com/v4_download.htm

If you're only looking to make like just little gif animations on your website and are not interested in the slightest of doing somehting bigger, then you may not want to spend the money on 3dfa. Try somthing like Animagic instead. (Only for gif images)

Dan
    Last edited by neederofhelp; 01-29-2004 at 11:26 PM.

Re: Should I get 3dfa?

Originally posted by bick71
    I've had basic experience in Gif animating and I'm not really aiming for a really really cool animation. I'm just looking for a program I can do stuff like stick figure animations. so is 3dfa good for me?
    You should get the trial and see if it meets your needs. I think you'll be happy