A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Web Player???

Flash Web Player???

I need some assistance, I just got a client that wants a Flash radio player.
    THis is the clients needs:

A flash interface a radio player on one side and an ad area on the other side.

THe ad's will rotate through 100 ads and display like every 30 secs.

The radio will have about 500 songs, they must be streaming from the server.

The interface will show the next song, and the previous song

The radio will also have a like or dislike feature where the user can choose Like or Dislike and have that recorded , so the song can be taken off the server if no-one likes it. If the song title is more liked then the song will be played more on priority.

The song titles will be needed to downloaded if the user likes it, they can pay .99 for the track, so it will need to be tied in with paypal or something.
    Last edited by PCRIDE; 12-19-2003 at 03:47 AM.

Hi,
    I sent you a PM with an offer.

www.e4net.com
    www.tobymack.com
    Best regards
    Toby Mack

For the best and funniest Audio Blog on the Internet come visit:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/Fla****UpBlog

OK, I will take your offer in consideration

I found out more info

So the player will need to load the MP3 randomaly
    Annd the song titles will need to stream from the server
    with protection so they can't get the files from the cache.

Also buttons that a user can click and pick weather they llike the song or dislike the song, then the script will be able to play more or not play as much depending on the votes for that song.

The ads will be as you said, just load dynamically and be displayed for a certain amount of secs.

If you say you can help me I am totally interested, the best thing is to call me or I can call you, I have free ling distance on my phone so I can call you. Then we can talk more about this.\

I think I can do about 50 % of the project, user interface, and some scripting.

If I can call you just email me.

I will need to know ASAP for this.

Banned
    Why are "portfolio" and "freebies" empy on http://www.tobymack.com ?

Why do all the sections re-open on a second press of the item that's already displayed?

Why these links in the body of your posts?
    Last edited by oldnewbie; 12-18-2003 at 11:53 PM.

My site is a work in progress.
    I have a lot to do on it as you can see.
    The reason I have it posted is I thought that the humor would be
    a pleasant break for all the tech people here.

Does this offend you? Here have a doughnut
    Best regards
    Toby Mack

Banned

Your too funny oldnewbie!!

anyway, maybe you can help me out

what would this project take?

thanks

PCRide,
    Are you receiving my Flaskit PM's?
    Best regards
    Toby Mack

Yo dude, that doesn;t work, I can stream the files fine, but I just decompiled your swf and got the mp3 file, I need something that will kill the cache, I have found one way, renaming the mp3 file to a weird name and giving it a differant extension name such as

.ai
    .pdf
    .whatever
    .yitr

Then in the cache it will show up as a unknown file, but not as a swf or mp3 file. If you were smart enough you can rename the file back to .mp3, but then again if you give it a unique name and a differant extension it will be masked.

Well for that matter you can use cool edit pro or other audio recording software and record it as you are listening. There are always a way to beat the system. Most computer appliance opperator people don't know this. But I get your point.
    Best regards
    Toby Mack

I just heard that Wal_Mart is going to offer songs for 88cents on the Internet starting the first of the year. This is going to bring in a new breed of hackers stealing music by either recording it with audio recording software as they listen. Maybe if the quality is low on the files they listen to by pay to download the high quality MP3's this might work. Also may br put in beeps in the file they listen to. Need something that will be there to keep them from recording.

I can see where this is going to be problem for the recording industry.

Hey maybe placing someones voice in with the SWF that says you can buy this recording for 99 cents so that it plays every 20 seconds on top of the song being played.

Oh well, let me know if you still need the XML help.
    Best regards
    Toby Mack

Banned
    Just read this on informIT... ( http://www.informit.com/isapi/guide_...erFriendly.asp )

Streaming MP3 from the Flash Communication Server

If you have read any of my blogs, you will know that I am working on the Flash Communication Server Bible. Of note, one of the streamed types you can receive from the Flash Communication Server is a broadcast from an MP3.

The difference between broadcasting an MP3 file and playing it through ActionScript in the player is all about security. When an MP3 is broadcast from the Communication Server, you do not leave any remnants of the MP3 on the user's browser cache. This is important if you want to broadcast radio stations or any type of sound file you want to protect.

There are two steps to broadcasting an MP3: setting up the server and adding ActionScript to the player to connect to the server.

Locate the Flash Communication Server folder on your hard drive. Open the application folder and create a new folder called mp3_sound. Add to the folder the default main.asc file. In the new folder, add a file called sound.mp3. It must be a properly formatted MP3 file.

Now, open Flash MX. In the first frame to the movie, add the following ActionScript:

conn = new NetConnection();
    conn.connect("rtmp://localhost/mp3_sound");
    myStream = new NetStream(conn);
    myStream.play("mp3:mp3_sound/sound");
    The first two lines connect you to the server. The NetStream binds to the new connection and allows you to stream to this Flash movie. By default, Flash will append the suffix .flv to any filename. In the fourth line, you are selecting a file called sound. To force Communication Server to broadcast an MP3 file, you need to declare the clip as an MP3.

Once the file is broadcasting to the player, you can use the volume tools you created earlier. That's it. Just four lines of ActionScript.
    Guess you'll have to look into a Flash communication server.

Streamming is not the problem. We have a streamming server that allows you to load playlists, schedules, commercials and streams shoutcast compatible data. But, in spite of all the talk about streamming in Flash there is a big problem. I have complained about it for about a couple of years but it sounds like Flash developers have more important things to do. The plug-in for Internet Explorer won't play the steam!!! I have written a pretty simple player (no graphics) all it does is to play the streamed sound. It works fine in the development environment, it works fine as a standalone flash movie and it works fine as a projector, but inside Internet Explorer... it connects to the server, it keeps receiving the data but it never plays
    If you can live with the size of the projector then this should be piece of cake, just create a new sound and then call loadsound.

You can check our server stream at
    http://www.radioexitos.com (spanish pop)
    http://www.pacasmayo.net/radio (andean music)

Felipe

I can help you. If you want to stream shoutcast in flash look here:
    http://www.were-here.com/forum/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1
    the second page has information about loading streaming .mp3s with php. If you do not want the mp3 to be chached without using the flash communication server thing I have an option. You have a php file (or asp) send the HTTP no-cache headers, and read the mp3 into the php. I use php, here's some code that should work for you:

File: mp3.php
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    set_time_limit 
    (360);  
    /*limits the time the mp3 can be downloaded from the server, 
    if 360 seconds of downloading is hit, the php file stops 
    sending information, but 360 should be enough, most servers default to 30 */

$file urldecode(stripslashes($file));
    if (
    file_exists("mp3s/$file") && $file != "" && $file != "." && $file != "..") {

header("Content-Length: ".filesize("mp3s/$file"));

header("Expires: " gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT");

header("Last-Modified: " gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT");

header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");

header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0"false);

header("Pragma: no-cache");

header("Content-type: audio/mpeg");

readfile("mp3s/$file");
    }
    ?>
    You have the mp3.php in the same directory as the flash mp3 player. and you have the mp3s in a folder called mp3s. Then when you want to load a no-caching mp3, just use this in flash:

PHP Code:
    filename'Beatles - Hey Jude.mp3';
    nocachemp3 "mp3.php?file="+escape(filename);
    song = new Sound();
    song.loadSound(nocachemp3true);