A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Critique my Flash mp3 streamer

Critique my Flash mp3 streamer

I just got into flash 2 weeks ago, and on a more serious level.
    I've started on my site which is very inspired(wg), but I also
    took on a side project at the same time because, well, this
    interested me quite a bit.

It's still a 'work in progress' and i have lots on the list to add.

1. volume controls
    2. balance controls
    3. artist & song info (scroller)
    4. digital playtime clock time (reamining/time expired toggable)
    5. genre based selective playlist
    a.top five songs in genre, based on subdivision of genre
    6. whatever else i can think of or what is suggested and i see sensible to add. (as long as it's within my very limited ability to add)

anywho, feedback is needed and i welcome any and all commentary.

Streamer

edit: i forgot to mention that the eq is dynamic as well as the speakers.

:// Mind Over Matter
    It is nice! Especially the fact that those are exact same songs from my older cd!!! LMFAO

Originally posted by Advanced Tech
    It is nice! Especially the fact that those are exact same songs from my older cd!!! LMFAO
    I'm not sure what you're implying. you listen to the same music as i do? (mostly oldschool rap?)

nice looking and didnt notice any bugs! there is potential for the site too
    keep it up.

i'd appreciate your comments on mine
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=516342
    Do you handball?
    http://www.stellios.co.uk/handball.htm

very nice. Great functionality - seems really fast and high quality on my cable modem.

RH
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Thanks for the comments.

I just finished updating it. It now reads from a txt file and creates a 2 dimensional array to gather the info required to play.

so now all I have to do is change the txt file(none of the coding)

it's only dynamic up to 99 songs which could be easily changed, but 99 is enough for me

thx again.

:// Mind Over Matter
    How do you make the songs load so quick? Stunt 101 is my favorite song on there

this is cold.
    I've been trying to make something like this, importing song's into flash & it's just slow & crap quality.

it would be tight if you could drag & drop it, but as you said you're still working on stuff.

(free up the fla?)
    ~www.2O99.com~
    the future is now

I think it loads fast cause he loading the song, and after it reaches a low percentage (like 10%) then he starts playing the song, know by the time it reaches the 10% mark, more of the song will be loaded, so it basically streaming

is this how you did it.

Cedric

well, it'll load faster if you are on cable obviously, but what i did was make a few simple calculations based on a timer and a calculated set of frames loaded that are then calculated again to pre determined what your kb/s are and then will load a pre determined amount of frames.
    the calculations are simple at this point, but once everything is done the way i want, i'll go back and rehash the calculating to accommodate a more accurate representation of speed(kb/s) and amount of frames to load based on a persons connection.

btw, i've started on a revised version that will have lots and lots of stuff on it. it's going to be a heck of a lot better than this one. give me about a months time. still have other things to do before i can focus on this. stay tuned

this is quite creative, how do you stream the song so you dont have to have it loaded before it plays?

-Blue
    Tha Dogghouse - Coming Soon

Originally posted by bpg_snoopdogg
    this is quite creative, how do you stream the song so you dont have to have it loaded before it plays?

-Blue
    thx.

and to answer ur question..

Originally posted by SarcaStick
    well, it'll load faster if you are on cable obviously, but what i did was make a few simple calculations based on a timer and a calculated set of frames loaded that are then calculated again to pre determined what your kb/s are and then will load a pre determined amount of frames.
    the calculations are simple at this point, but once everything is done the way i want, i'll go back and rehash the calculating to accommodate a more accurate representation of speed(kb/s) and amount of frames to load based on a persons connection.

thats actually really cool, did you find a tutorial on this or did this just come from your head? If it is a tutorial, I'd like to see it, because right now I'm trying to create a player that plays one full song, thats it, but the file size is huge to load right away, so if there's a way to load it faster, that would be awesome...

my email me@bluedezigns.net

thanks

-Blue
    Tha Dogghouse - Coming Soon

Nice

Hey I like that alot and i found that everything was working good. I really like this I have seen a few of them and this one by far looks the best. You gonna have any tutorials on this or know any of them where I can learn to make my own. Any help will be extremaly appreciated. Thanks in advance - Cheers - Tech Designer
    Flash Developer
    Tech Designs Active Media