A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Customized Object Superposition

Customized Object Superposition

I need some help here. I'm working with Flash MX 2004 Pro and I'm trying to create a kind of complex app.
    I've created a custom MovieClip class called myPointer (defined in myPointer.as) to act as a cursor. The cursor is exported thru the file pointer.fla
    The controling file is the room.fla
    Inide ite there is a background and another custom MovieClip class called myDoor (defined in myDoor.as) that should change the pointer when the mouse passes over it.
    But happens that when the layer of the Object (Objects layer) is lower then the cursor (behind) the Cursor layer the constructor of the class is not called and the onRollOver e onRollOut events are not redirect.
    I'm sending the source files. Please send some light.
    Please my intention is to modularize the app. So no code should go in the room.fla file every change should be done in the classes def files.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gallahad; 12-19-2003 at 07:54 PM.

possibly the problem is an issue about shared library.

I thought of that.
    I tried to put everything inside the room.fla. Still didn't work.
    I notice that order of the layers are important. If it is as i sended. back->objetcs->cursor(bottom to top) the door doesnt work. if I use back->cursor->objects the door works(!) but the cursor will be behind the door.
    I also notice that if I put the code of the myDoor class in the room.fla file everything works fine as it should, but I want to create a class so I can inherit the bahavior to several objects without having to repeat the code.

Shared library seems buggy. It works if:

1. Cancel the shared library. Make the pointer symbol export for link, not import from pointer.swf. Thus it is immediately available and the process of frame 1 initiation will be smooth.

or,

2. If we insist on shared library, we give it time to make pointer available. We make pointer start from frame 1, while object start from frame 2 and make the movie Stop at frame 2. This works for me. But I can not garantee this when it is put on line.