A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: wait until the sound ends, the continue

wait until the sound ends, the continue

different computers have different speeds. My movie is made up of several swf files. At the end of each movie I use the "loadmovieNum" command to load the next movie. However, sometimes it goes to the next movie before the audio is finished. What is the command that says:

wait until the sound is finished before you "loadmovieNum"

anybody?

Well it first depends on how you are playing the sound. What it sounds like to me is that you simply placed the sound on the timeline. If this is the case then you simply need to change it from an "Event" sound to "Stream". You can do this by clicking on the sound on the timeline then going to the properties inspector. What stream does is force the framerate to keep up with the sound. This means it will drop frames on a slower machine but will result in the length of time being consistent. If you are playing the sound through the sound Object then there is an event called onSoundEnd or something like that that will fire as soon as you reach the end of the sound clip. You would simply need to define a function to load the next movie onSoundEnd. Let me know if you need anything else.
    JA

JHarlequin-thanks

the stream seems to work....except for the addition of some "noise" in the audio. The quality has dropped a bit.

Is there a way of keeping the quality while using the stream?...the audio is at: 44khz 16bit

Yes you need to go to your publish settings and change your default stream compression. Go to File>Publish Settings to do this.
    JA