A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Repeating an animation?

Repeating an animation?

Hi all, i have made an animation of a stick man walking. this animation lasts about 20 frames, problem is wat if i want to have him walking and have a camera pan round him pretty slow so the whole thing lasts about 200 frames. how do i get him to keep on walking? is making the walking animation longer the only way to do it?
    Violent G

In such cases I will generally copy and paste keyframes in a leapfrog fashion in order to get the animation to repeat more than once. This may or may not be a good option for you depending on how complex the walk cycle is. It may be your only option, however, since I can't think of any other way to do it at the moment.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

O_o i was afraid u were gonna say that. walk = 20 frames, need to be 200 frames so thats 10 times gotta duplicate it, 12 body parts.... this is gonna take for ever! there must be another way
    Violent G

if you are using flash i must say i have to agree withe our mate here.but why dont you use 3d max for that,creating a stick figure is not that hard(well that's incase you do use 3dmax).you craete tha animation and then you add a camera .
    PURA VIDA