A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash alignment problems

Flash alignment problems

I have a JPG header image on a site I'm working on that is 760px wide and 174px high. See attachement of example. The header slice image (outlined in yellow) is horizontally aligned with the menu, but if I import that image into Flash and add some text tweening and export it with the same width of 760x174 it won't align with the menu below it. It is off to the right by about 2px. I don't know what is wrong. The table is exactly 760px wide also. I made sure the stage is also 760x174 and aligned with the instance of the image.

Thanks and Happy New Year!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FusionGuy; 01-01-2004 at 12:10 AM.

Left-Handed Flash User mickbrit55's Avatar
    Hiya

Can you post the HTML code that you are using for the table please? Or a link to the actual page. Are you manually coding the table or are you using something else to create the HTML for the table, such as PS, PSP, Dreamweaver?

Mick

Here are two examples of what I'm talking about.

This link is without the flash header...
    Link One

Now this link is with the exact same image but in an SWF file...
    Link Two

Screenshot of the slight misalignment. Note where the arrows point.
    Screenshot

Both the original header image and SWF are the same size (760 x 174 pixels).
    Last edited by FusionGuy; 01-01-2004 at 09:29 PM.

Hiya

Man ... I gotta tell you that I am as stumped as you are

I have been over every line of your HTML code for both "index" files and compared them ... there is no difference. Even if, as I at first thought, you were inadvertantly pointing to 2 different graphics, the table settings would correct any size differences.

The only thing I will say is that I NEVER use Dreamweaver for websites because I have found that it's little "glitches" are hard to live with. I code everything manually and only use DW to cut and paste the odd java script that it generates.

Sorry pal ... can't help you. If someone else can see the fault then I would be very keen to see exactly what it is!

Mick

Thanks for at least trying. I've posted this to other boards and newsgroups but so far no response.

It looks like the SWF file gets bloated or something. If you flip back and forth between the two links you can see how it changes size but yet it was exported from Flash with the exact same size.

Yup ... I checked all that. I did screen-shots of both pages and bought them into PSP. Measured them as well. On the left part of the header, at the bottom, drops by 2 pixels (although the rest stays the same) and the right part, in the center, moves to the right 2 pixels - if that makes any sense!

Did you check your CSS file? Make sure that both files are pointing to the same .css file? OK ... I admit it ... I'm reaching

Mick

I don't think CSS would have anything to do with it. But I did check everyting over and can't see anything wrong. Anyone else have any ideas? I'm really desperate to find a cure for this.

Found the solution I guess this has been around for while. But why doesn't Macromedia fix this in Flash?

Bitmap Alignment Fix

Hiya

WTG mate! ... guess we both learned something new today ... thanks

Mick