A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 102 of 107 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2139

Thread: Open Battle :: "everybody was kung fu fightin'..."

Last edited by nepzap2; 01-27-2009 at 09:46 AM.

Did i get skipped? or am I just no seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by squirtpunk
    Did i get skipped? or am I just no seeing it.
    It's visible. Your tree made it into the next image as a background texture.

In order... Squirtpunk, not a bad (first?) image, a tad bit heavy on the filters and your take on the prior image could be disputed; however I see the inspiration and attempt to make the type interesting. The overlay of the filtered textures though muddle your composition immensely. Keeping it clean, focused and above all use the space better is my only comment towards your image.

Jujumon... clean lines would have made your image more whimsical than it came out to be. The simple gradients, the unclean lines, the way the prior image was incorporated into the background. You can do better. Much better. And I'd like to see that...

Nepzap... seriously. There's no need to go after anybody like that. If it were a joke, not funny. If it were serious, then you missed out on a chance to show your skill instead of... well, I don't know what you were trying to portray.

All... I know the Arena traffic has lessened, heck... I had even stopped posting for almost a year. It's all in honest fun. As it should be. Can't get past that... then sit back, relax... pull out something that's superior by setting the example, not by mocking.

And if you get an honest critique to your stuff, take it. It takes a lot of time to get inside of an image, inside of the artists vision and critique on something other than "it sucks" or "it's awesome"...

Seriously. No need to be a bunch of drama queens in the one thread that's meant to be purely fun in the Arena.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

gerbick

I get you.

And if you get an honest critique to your stuff, take it.
    I always do... but that last image I dropped was not meant as a serious image but rather a mock...

I'll sit back

That part was towards anybody. I've seen some good critiques get pushed into a personal battle because the person didn't want anything but praise.

That's the sole reason I stopped posting for a while - I'm not looking for praise, just fun and a way to get better. Either by setting the example or listening to my "peers", that's how things all around me get better; myself inclusive.

But that's not the case when you do very little - like be mean or just state very little.

Step your game up. And that's also to all.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

gerbick

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    That part was towards anybody. I've seen some good critiques get pushed into a personal battle because the person didn't want anything but praise.

That's the sole reason I stopped posting for a while - I'm not looking for praise, just fun and a way to get better. Either by setting the example or listening to my "peers", that's how things all around me get better; myself inclusive.

But that's not the case when you do very little - like be mean or just state very little.

Step your game up. And that's also to all.
    gerbick:

I feel you...

I got rid of that image I posted, because it was not meant as a joke nor was it a serious image. I was meant to mock.

It was not appropriate.

But seriously some of these last images looked rushed and slaped together in a couple of minutes. They completely break the flow of "Photoshop Tennis in my opinion" and the reason why it irked me was because the individuals who dropped them have dropped images that have left my mouth open... of how brilliant they were.

Peace.

to: squirtpunk, i didnt overlook you, as Gerbick pointed out, i used your tree

to: nepzap, man, i was surprised to be reading the last couple of of your posts after my last image. I did not see what you were mocking but it doesn't really matter to me. but i would like to point out my intention of the last image in case people here still don't get "why" i always post in the KungFu thread.

i've never compete or try to outdo anyone in this thread. Im always here coz i want to learn things and improve myself, and most of all, while having fun. As for my last image, it was merely a greeting for chinese newyear, not an insult to your creativity (google chinese newyear 2009 and maybe you'll understand better).

Now, i made no secret that last couple of images of mine was of below design standard, one was rushed in and the other was ,well, just bad. The very last image was pure FUN with good intention, and i would still accept any critique that would make it nicer if anyone say so. ( thanks Gergick: i just thought the ink stroke would be more relate to the chinese theme )

Btw, i originally wanted to create new thread to put my image there but decided to posted in KungFu instead, coz i want to wish everyone who contributes images to the Arena a happy year. that is all

Well now that that's settled, lets get this ball rolling again...

Whats up ! Guess who ? Hahaha wassup people, Gerbs asked I show my ugly grin around here once again.

*POOF*

This isn't a real volley from me, just something I played around with a bit.

When I saw squirtpunk's entry, I thought it might be cool it see an Escher-ish image using only elements from his picture. It kind of just ended up being an experiment in texture.

linked because it's kind of a large file: http://ian.janasnyder.com/redredandblack.png

Like I said, nobody should feel compelled to respond to this one...unless for some weird reason you really really want to?

Jujumon

What I wrote was not meant to offend. When I come here... I come for inspiration and to have fun. Compared to how you create imagery... the last ones were not up to par in my opinion. So I thought you were just messing around... which I guess is cool now, but it did bother me.

Sorry if I offended you.

squirtpunk: Sick image, I'm diggin the textures and even the red color on the text, but I don't know if I like the text right there in the middle. maybe you meant for it to be there, I just think the image it self is telling a story and the text in the middle there distracts me.

Peace
    Last edited by nepzap2; 01-27-2009 at 09:48 AM.

napzap2 , i wasnt really offended. i just felt you didnt get the intention of my last pic and that you may have missed the point of being in the Arena a bit.

May i also suggest March Madness if you havent considered already, that's when it gets intense and you can see a lot of real quality stuffs there

now that is down, have a hug and start a 1 on 1 battle.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

What the world needs now is a nice hot bath.

It's been awhile since I've done much of anything.

Hope you like.

_t
    I don't feel tardy.

Last edited by Zacaboo288; 02-26-2009 at 05:20 PM.

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar
    Some cool stuff still happening in here I see :-)

Zac:
    Cool subtle spiraling cut out background contrasting against the foreground flowers.

Generally:
    Seeing some nice texture work in here, although some volleys could improve on blending in elements more, as some elements can be a bit harsh looking against others in the compositions.

Just my personal opinion, keep the creativity flowing ;-)
    and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!

Zacaboo Im really liking this last image the colors over the negative, but most of all they way you created the feeling of depth in the image as though its sinking down into itself. good stuff on this page good stuff. I see new ppl too it seems.
    "What do you call a mouse's Shadow in the second moon?"

yeah zac, loving the depth and colors in the last one...shoulda left off the type though. Not really doing anything to enhance it.