A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2139

Thread: Open Battle :: "everybody was kung fu fightin'..."

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    looks like a very harsh texture is popping up due to either artifacts or noise and it's pulling out what should be a smooth line to a more bumpy line.
    I see what you mean. I updated the image in the previous post. I took out the skull look and went back to the original stock. I do like the outcome much better.

And it's not an argument. It was a critique.
    I was just agreeing, I know it's not an argument. And yes, I too have received much worse in a design class.
    What the world needs now is a nice hot bath.

Not exactly death, but after spending a straight 20 minutes on this image, I thought I'd just show what I meant by "sharper" and better use of type. And decided to use a different style of text, bring it all together.

Like, don't like. I just wanted to show what I meant from earlier. Particles and fire done by Combustion, Photoshop and Particle Illusion. Photo, I didn't start in using the skull - I have it marked out where I was going to shade bone into highlights on the chin, cheeks and sockets - sorta like bony flesh... but that would take a while even for me.

All in all... perhaps 23 layers, 20 minutes. And I seriously had fun with remixing that image. Great concept!

And I wasn't trying to tell you how to do your image. Choose good stock, avoid making fuzzy selections/masks and your compositions will "pop" together better. Some of the colors shouldn't be that muted with a grey contrast overlay.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Jujumon, I know you're probably going to get upset with a critique that comes from me
    if u meant about what happen years ago then it is all cool (always have been). it was my fault anyway for not understanding your comment properly. you know how bad my english is

back to critique. you were right about lacking details, i also hate everything being in center. it just looks plain and boring. i was also trying to soften the sky after playing with its hue/sat. way too much. to be honest, i didnt see i overdone it as i was doing it (..make sense??)

you were also spot on with the text. i did it in the last 30 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    are the bride a groom one stock? she looks b/w yet the grooms neck looks slightly peach and almost looks like a tiny rose on his back.
    yes it is one stock that comes like that. i tried to colorize her skin to match the groom's but failed. i always have trouble with skin colors and text. also the rose u see is the bullet hole, after shrinking it became pixelated.

to everyone else:: ill comment your images later la, but now i got to get back to work!!

I'm still learning...

I'm still learning...
    opps... some grammar error.

grammar fixed version:
    Last edited by Nogol; 01-17-2009 at 08:49 AM.

gerbick

You are amazing with type. As usual, great image.

Nogol: never seen you before. There is something I like about your crazy image but I can't quite put my finger on it. I can see you have crazy creativity... can't wait to see your work when you become more compfortable with masking.

Jujumon: I agree with gerbs... I've seen way better work from you. I think you have been rushing your drops for the sake of timely delivery. Don't compromise the quality of your work dude!

groupof1 I also agree with what grebs mentioned. The image you droped with the girl blowing the bubble was way better quality.
    Last edited by nepzap2; 01-17-2009 at 11:59 AM.

nogol: i think u need to decide if u want this poster to be 'realistic' or 'stylized', right now it just sits between the two. If u want it to be real then u should work on your masking and blending two or more pics together, as well as shadows and perspectives (ex. there should be shadows on the laser gun under the burger..etc). or if u need it stylized i think it should be more vibrant, more crazy colors, and crazier font.

gerbick: both of your images are great. the skull one has amazing layout design, except the bullet holes are a little fuzzy compared to overall sharply image. I also like to be able to work on skin like your second pic. what tool do u use to do her skin???

groupof1: you need to adjust the tone of her skin as her eye on the other side starts to discolor, i suggest using higher quality of stock image, a lot easier to work with. smoke effect is nicely done though

napzap: overall beautiful pic with nice lights, shades and gradients. i'd have added more sparklings on the butterflies to make it more stand out, i think

Last edited by silverx2; 01-18-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Not bad Silver... not bad. More larger debris on the exit part - I've simulated that in the past (last March Madness on the floating castle image) by random lasso selections on the original object, copy, paste on a new layer, on a layer behind it, lasso fill with a color from the inside of the object (sampled) then add a bit of gaussian noise (b/w) and then use the burn tool to add some highlights.

Your layout would represent a sideways "L"... from her ear straight to the heart, then down (and out) to the text. Only issue would be the text. You could have punched it up a bit with something a bit more delicate.

Good image. Just a bit soft in some details - such as the hair or the apple.

Jujumon: On my lady's skin, it's the old "glamour shot" treatment. Duplicate original image, manipulate levels, use Soft Light, desaturate, slight blur, then Variations towards a warmer color. Some selections and paint brushes on the skin to smooth it out, overlay to keep some texture.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

looking at the text this morning it isnt as nice as it looked last night.

Wow. I came accross this while browsing the forums... I'm surprised to see it active as of yesterday!

any reason for the suprise? i went through your posts(didnt take long) and noticed you havnt posted in the arena before.

Maybe he just lurks. Xzereus, are you a lurker? Do you dig what you see around these parts?

Last edited by squirtpunk; 01-23-2009 at 04:16 AM.

happy year of the ox!

I got next

I got next

here is mine

Last edited by nepzap2; 01-26-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    ummm..... I don't know.*shrugs and looks puzzled.*

Quote Originally Posted by nepzap2
    By-the-way groupof1 ...

I have seen you two drop some fresh joints. If you guys don't have time to drop... it's all good...

Don't compromise the quality of your drops.
    right back at ya.