A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ::: stoopid scrolling text box :::

::: stoopid scrolling text box :::

hey

i've been trying to build a scrolling text box for my site www.soam.tk.
    i have been following a tutorial on FK but i have had trouble with it. when i 'test movie' the text doesnt appear in the text box. i have attached the file so anyone feel free to take a look or if anyone knows of a tutorial that works perfectly for flash mx then send it my way.
    alternatively...... if there is someone kind enough to send me a simple text box .fla file that i can customize to my needs?? id be most grateful

cheers
    cal

www.callumations.tk
    www.soam.tk
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --USING FLASH MX 04 PRO--

www.callumations.com
    www.soam.tk

Banned
    The color of your text is set to the same color as your background... That's why you're not seeing it, because it's there alright! Just change the color.
    If you're going to use that font, you should embed it. Otherwise nobody will see it, if they don't have it installed on their machines.

**** MAN!!!! im so dumb. i thought i had checked that cos originally my text was the same colour as the border. crap i feel stoopid.

i thought about the text... i have had that problem before. how wud i go about embedding it?

cheers
    --USING FLASH MX 04 PRO--

www.callumations.com
    www.soam.tk

Banned
    Hit the Character tab in the textfield's properties, and select Embed All...

Change it to Dynamic Text (If it isnt already) and then press the 'character' button in the properties toolbar and select 'All Charactors'

-Adam-