A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how do I do this?

Hybrid View

how do I do this?

When you scroll over the buttons, on the over state, it loads, a movie, which I can do, but when you roll off the button, I dont know how to get another movie to play, like the menu buttons on this site
    http://www.domanistudios.com/ds.html

would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me out with this.

-cheers

Are you talking about the client and studio buttons? and are you talking about the movie on the right handside or are you talking about the little arrow MC that plays on the left of each menu button?

I am talking about the little arrows

I am talking about the little arrows on the left hand side of the buttons, if you could help me with that that would be great.

I think its just one MoveClip.

If you have a look, when you quickly roll over it it quickly skips the arrow animation and goes straight to the elastic phase of the animation.

I'd set it up as follows (I'd recreate it for you but I don't have flash on this machine at work), have a blank keyframe on frame 1 and put a stop action on it. Create the animation of the line turning into the arrow starting on frame 2, also name frame 2 something like "start". Place a stop() at the end of this animation.

Now start a new animation starting at the end of the previous one, this is where you will create the animation of the arrow quickly snapping back with the elastic effect. Name the bigging frame of this animation "closing".

Now use this code on the MC

code:
     on(rollOver){
    gotoAndPlay("start")
    }

on(rollOut){
    gotoAndPlay("closing")
    }

This tutorial may help you http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash5/advroll.htm