A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FlashMX Bug?? -- loading .jpgs PLS HELP!

FlashMX Bug?? -- loading .jpgs PLS HELP!

I'm using Flash MX on WindowsXP.

I don't know if this is some sort of strange bug or something but its driving me crazy, i was hoping some of you could help me out. Here's the code I'm having problems with:

[CODE]
    loadMovie("print/enigma1.jpg", "_root.content.print.print1");
    loadMovie("print/enigma2.jpg", "_root.content.print.print2");
    CODE]

I know the code works cause I have this code on several keyframes (one for each page) and they all work perfectly fine. For some reason, enigma1.jpg will not load into Flash. If I replace the text "enigma1.jpg" with "enigma2.jpg" it works perfectly fine so I know its not the code but possibly something wrong with the file?

So the next step is I create just a real simple .jpg of the same dimensions (they're all the same size), name it something else, and try to load that......but that won't load either. My thought was that if the file was corrupted if I just make a brand new .jpg there should be no problems. From messing around substituting different filenames in the code I found that all of the files that I created earlier load fine, but no new files that I create will load properly. I even tried opening one of the .jpgs that worked, resave it with a different filename and that won't work either.

I really can't figure out what's going on here. I'm using Photoshop 7.0 to create the files and am using the same computer and processes that created all of the other .jpgs that work fine. If anyone has any ideas please let me know ASAP!!

Maybe the .jpg files which doesn't work are saved as progressive jpegs, that option is not supported by Flash MX, and possibly not by MX 2004. Make sure you have that option turned off when you save in Photoshop. If you chose "save for web" in photoshop you can find a checkbox called "progressive".

Ah yes! Thank you very much. I totally overlooked that. I forgot that I had changed it to progressive for another project cause I usually never use it.

Thanks so much...i've been struggling with that for awhile now.