A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Old Book [What do you think?]

Old Book [What do you think?]

Hey,

Been learning alot over the last week and ahalf. I figured I would show you what I have been up to, and hear what you think about it. No content on the pages yet, but this is the fnished product....

That's really good. Me like.

Excellent texturing and shading. The only thing is I think the pages would sort of bubble out a little close to the center and then cut inward at the spine. Ya know, like if there were several pages in there and they were not laying completely flat.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Hi, i love the tabs and the book itself, the actual page shading looks wrong to me, it has a backwards s shape across both pages, it ruins it for me..

even if the book was 200 years old the inner pages would be ok ish slightly stained but as long as the book was not contantly damp the pages would behave similar to a new book, also another problem is if you distort the pages then when u add text will it look ok as its not distorted

this is how i see a page:

low (darker shading) moving to high (lighter) moving to the spine (dark point) open a big book and watch the lighting

apart from that its really good

bp

Thanks for the awesome c&c everyone. I really appreciate it. will post up a reworked version soon.

...also i think the actual cover looks a little 'flat' - it needs a teechy bit more depth to it - at the moment it looks like its made of paper but i imagine from teh look of it, its meant to be leather bound, or certainly something sith a bit more thickness.

thats quite kool i agree with bp the raised s shaped areas on the apge arent giving it a great effect but i love the rest of it, ive been trying to create some old paper effects in photoshop any tips u cna hand down?

Sure thing CDP, just email me at gmoranATcmist.com