A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Publish Flash Site

Publish Flash Site

I have published my site (800x600) but I can not figure out how to get my movie to play all the way to the left of the html page. There is always a thin line (black on my page) to the left. How do I get my movie to play all the way to the left? Please help!
    Thanks!

Got it online? Post a link so we can see the problem.

I do not have a site setup yet. When I open the site in frontpage and have it in normal view there is a large cursor to the left of my actual site. How do i post a picture here?

If i play the swf file in 800x600 it is fine. When I play the html file at 800x600 that is where i am having the problem.
    Thanks for any help!!!

Post a picture using the Browse button below the text box when you make a new post.

Here is a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

OK, if thatt's a screen shot, then you need to remove the border around the page. All HTML pages have a default 10 pixel border around the work area in a browser. You have to add to the body tag to remove it. Put this in the body tag, or replace yours with this:

<BODY bgcolor="#000000" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" LEFTMARGIN="0" RIGHTMARGIN="0" TOPMARGIN="0" BOTTOMMARGIN="0" scroll= "no">

That should do it.

Thanks!!! That did the trick. I was really struggling with that.

im having similar problems - where s the body tag to remove the borders

Open the page you want to change the body tag on in IE. Right click and chose View Source, or use the View menu at the top. A Notepad file opens with all the html of the page in it. Start scanning at the top down, and not too far down you will see a line that starts with, <body . Just copy the line above and swipe over the body tag in the Notepad file to select it, then paste in what you copied. Save the file and refresh the page. The border and the scroll bar should be gone. Change the bgcolor numbers back to what you had before though.