A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash player with streaming audio

flash player with streaming audio

I am working on a new web project and I have a list of 20 mp3's that I want to stream. I want a player like the one on www.gotee.com.
    I am working on an all html site and the only flash that will be on the site, is the audio player. I found a website called www.theory7.com. Under interfaces on their website, they are selling an entire flash site for $129. The site has an audio player but it is not like the one on www.gotee.com. Does anyone know how to build a flash audio player like the one on www.gotee.com?

Thanks,
    Curt Puckett

Banned
    Every other day, someone here comes up with an MP3 player example, they'd like to have on their site.
    Although most of them work fine on a fast connection, I allways check them out on my old 56k dial-up. In this case, the whole site hangs on the preloader, and you have to hit refresh, to get it running.
    Next, as for all players I've checked out, no preloader is used with these streaming tracks, and the initial streaming (until the whole song is cached) on a slow connection fails miserably, and is full of breakups while segments of the track load.
    I've been working on such a preloader, that would prevent this from happening, and will post it along with a player when I've managed to get it working.
    Meanwhile you could visit http://kennybellew.com/ and start building your own, or might want to try here:

http://www.flashkit.com/board/forumd....php?forumid=6

Hi Oldnewbie,

You don't need a preloader for streaming. I have tested mine on a 56k modem and it works fine. The main point is to have audios with a bit lower bit size, so that the initial loading is faster and even the connection pauses for a moment there is enough buffer. I recently save mp3s as 32kb and the quality is still good. Also the timers and progressbar have to be adjusted that the player recognizes a modem compared to DSL.

http://flashscript.biz/components/mp...yerstream.html

You can download the trial version and play your own mp3s(just change the xml file) and test.

I am not expecting you buy it but for testing it's good.

By the way if you want to have a mp3 preloader let me know.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Banned
    I'm well aware that theorically you don't need a preloader for streaming, but I don't like your lowering of the bitrate solution either, because then even fast connected users get lower quality streaming.
    My preloader will in fact estimate your connection speed, and in fact then offer a lower bitrate version to those who may want it, or if they still want to go with the higher quality, not play the file until there's a sufficient buffer (I've estimated it at 80% on a 56k dial up connection!), and provide an estimated time remaining display, before the track starts playing. Much better than getting breakups IMHO.

thanks,

but i am looking for a player like the one on www.gotee.com.
    just a player, does anyone know how to design one and set it up
    to link to 20-30 mp3s. So that it works exactly like www.gotee.com

just do a search for mp3players on this forum. Here's mine, it is opensource:
    http://66.30.2.26/website/justin/mp3player.html

Banned
    Why do you want to store a SO on my machine?

The SO is your own personal playlist, volume and pan settings. You can add songs by pressing the + button to the left of the playlist. That way, the users playlist and settings are reloaded on his or her return to the site.
    ...and what do you have against SOs?
    Last edited by spacether; 01-16-2004 at 03:22 AM.

hi,
    just to go back to the www.gotee.com site, does anyone know how to add a preloader to xml driven audio players??
    all the tracks on that site are a couple of minutes in length, pretty good quality yet they load almost immediately with very little preloading it seems.
    cheers
    geronimo

That gotee site is a good example, but MAN if I hear another "praise" song I'm going to go postal .. Do as it's been suggested and search for MP3PLAYER and I ASSURE you there are a LOT of them for you to sort through, it's going to take some work on your part to get one working as YOU want it to.

I'm currently getting my butt kicked by a text updater running off php and flash so I feel your pain, but head to the grind stone is the best way to figure this stuff out and get what YOU need.

Cheers and MAN stop with the gotee stuff already there are other examples out there, seek and you shal find my friend.

Justin
    Justin P Steiger
    http://www.JustinSteiger.com
    http://www.OpenLUG.com
    http://www.jedisteiger.com
    Oh someone help me, I'm so in over my head it's scary!

justin, i share your views on the content of the gotee site...sorry to have to use it as an example.
    i have scoured this site and many others for preloading the audio with xml players, but haven't come across as much as a hint of a tutorial.
    i suppose you're right though, i'll just have to start slogging it out.
    in the meantime, if anyone does find anything on this subject, please mail me.
    thanks and peace
    geronimo

Banned
    spacether...

Can't open your mp3.zip, once downloaded!

I don't know why people have to always re-invent the wheel. Wildform's LINX will let you drop in an audio file (wav or mps) and you can then choose the bitrate and export it with an adaptive preloader built in. Combine that with Wildform's FLIX and you can put it in a player. You now have a superior solution to the IMHO rather poor goatee site.

www.wildform.com

ps: I do not work for wildform

mxp3.zip download fixed, thx oldnewbie