A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mac with MySql

Mac with MySql

Hi everybody,

now ive ordererd a MySql database installed on my providers server. i have everything i need like password and so on.

But how can I do the next step? Is there a utility / tool for access and administration? I ve read about phpmyadmin but is there something else, especially for OS 9.2 ???

Please help

Christian

if you were running MacOSX, I'd say get Cocoa MySQL... but you're still running MacOS 9.2.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Thanx for your reply

If I would run under OSX I wouldnt have a problem but - as I wrote - I do not. So your reply doesn´t help too much.

Any other idea?

And in the original thread, I stated that as well that it would not help you.

use phpmyadmin if you're using MySQL. It invariably means that you're using PHP and Apache as well.

Place that on the server with the MySQL and Apache, and you will use your browser on your MacOS 9.x system, and point to pypmyadmin.

This is, of course, per your lack of details, assuming that you are indeed not using MySQL on this MacOS 9.x box.

and download the MySQL manual while you're at it. Seems like that might help you as well.

Good luck.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]