A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mediaplayer problems

Banned by GMF ™
    FK´s Banning Machine

Mediaplayer problems

I am having trouble with the mediaplayer component in MX 2004... it appears to be loading the file but it does not play... I have no idea what the problem is.

May I suggest you offer us more details such as what your trying to do and versions etc.

Banned by GMF ™
    FK´s Banning Machine
    ok I am using Flash MX 2004. I am trying to load an MP3 file using the MediaPlayback component. It appears that the MP3 loads however nothing I do will make it play. the Autoplay property is set to true and even if I clikc pause and play several time it does not work. I have no idea what is wrong...

same issue for me

I'm getting this same issue. It started after I reinstalled Flash MX 2004 pro for Windows. For the same code, my old swf compiled from my earlier install of Flash 2004 MX Pro containing the mediaplayback component works great. Since I reinstalled that project stopped working when I "compile" it. I set the contentpath to the mp3 and set it to autoplay and it just sits on pause. Hit the play button and it does nothing.

I'm assuming it may have to do with the fact that the earlier version was using the 7.02 update and I may have forgot to update that after I reinstalled, so I'll check that.