A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help me with scrolling a movie clip

Help me with scrolling a movie clip

***Never mind I solved it,, well more or less**
    Ive put a movieclip on the main timeline. The movieclip is way to long for the width of that flash so I thought of making two buttons.
    < and > when clicking on the > button the movie clip will play forward. And when clicking on the < button the movie will play backwards. This is a dumb way to scroll a movie clip im sure.

The thing is that id like to place the two buttons in that movie clip and not the timeline. If I use the x and y thingy wont the buttons scroll also??

Can someone help me out with theese buttons. How would the code look like if I want to scroll a movie clip from left to right and from right to left.

Something I found:
    When the button is clicked its supposed to play a certain movie clip, and not the main timeline. Dont know how you do this. Lets say I have put a movie clip on the main timeline called rightbutton and want to play it. Is this correct.
    on(release){
    play.rightbutton;
    }

I guess I have to put the button in a movie clip also and then put that in the main timeline. In that movieclip(where the button is)I do something like this.
    First frame and the only one.
    xpos++;

Dont know much actionscript and i guess ++ doesnt work and maybe flash doesnt know what xpos is either.

Hope the above makes any sense and I dont look like a complete fool.

Hope I can get some help in here.

***Never mind I solved it,, well more or less**
    Last edited by bluefrost; 01-27-2004 at 03:04 AM.