A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Simple Move Clip load problem

Simple Move Clip load problem

I have a scrolling navigation bar which features several movie clips containing an image for each page on the site - I have also created a movie clip with the page's title that simply fades into view using a basic alpha tween.

What I have done is put the tween mc into the one with the page image, hoping that it will fade into view every time the scoller is "told" by the user to display it.

However, what I am finding is that the fade plays before the scroll has taken place, and the title graphic just sits there, not fading in when it comes into view...

you can see this at here

Any idea how I can trigger the fade effect at the correct time?

Banned
    Can't you have it fading in only when the section has reached it's _x destination?

that sounds like a great idea - but I don't know how to do that lol - any ideas oldnewbie? I'd love to be able to sort this out!

Banned
    Can you make your .fla available? In my case zipped up and in MX only format. Attach it here or PM me if you don't want to make it public. I'll provide an e-mail where you could send it.

Thanks!

Thanks for the offer of help - the .FLA file is over 1 meg in size - but I'd be delighted to email it to you if you could provide me with an address to send it to!

Banned
    Check your PMs!

Banned
    Wrong format! Check your PMs again.

Banned
    Ok! This is what I came up with!

http://blake.prohosting.com/~tektips/navigation_mx.htm

If you want the .fla, PM me an address, 'cause it's too large to attach here and I presently don't have space to upload it.

Fantastic!

Oldnewbie - that is exactly the effect I was loking for! Wonderful work! Please check your PM for an email address to send the .fla to - and thanks so much for your help with my pathetic Flash skills!